Easiest brand of laptop to get a battery for and change ram?

Low Profile Gamer

Commendable
Jul 31, 2016
RAM doesn't really matter, they don't use any kind of proprietary RAMs anyway. Easiest brand of laptop to get spare batteries would depend on your country. In my country (Philippines), we can easily find laptop batteries for Acer Aspire series, Dell Inspiron series, Lenovo Ideapad, B, E, and G series, and HP Pavilion series. 14 - 15.6" laptops have the most common spare batteries.

delaro

Distinguished
Anything other than a MacBook is easy to buy and replace the Ram and Batteries. Batteries for anything more than 2 years old is fairly cheap if you know where to look, never buy from the Manufactures as they mark the price way up.

orlbuckeye

Distinguished

Most laptops that have removable batteries have easy access and alot you don't have to open the case as the battery just snaps out. Memory sometime can be tricky if the laptop has 4 slots. Example my Alienware has 2 slots with easy access by removing the back panel (7 or 8 screws). But the hard part is the other 2 slots that require you to remove the keyboard to access those slots. Alienware is owned by Dell but I don't think it's like that across the board for Dell. Each model is designed independent of other models under the same brand.

delaro

Distinguished

Alienware is owned by Dell now but the use to be made by Clevo. Dell/ Alienware now could be made by Compal 50% or Quanta and Wistron the same as HP, Apple, Acer and Lenovo.

The best answer I can think of is to look for desktop replacement laptops as these are the easiest to upgrade components like ram and battery. There are some multimedia laptops that have this but are becoming rare. And obviously don't look at ultrabook as these are a nightmare.

Freeportaudio

Commendable
Nov 10, 2016

Freeportaudio

Commendable
Nov 10, 2016
I have a gateway p-7805 and am having a rough time finding a 9 cell for it which is what it came with. So, oddly although it is not an ultrabook, is a desktop repacement and fits all of the right check boxes is still not found. I refuse to buy another with these proprietary bs user unfriendly policies. Even my old Dell 2200 would not work without a Dell battery. This is not green thinking people except the obvious attempt to put more green in your selfish pockets.