eBay Eliminates Negative Feedback for Sellers

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orpheous

Distinguished
May 20, 2008
So, theoretically, a buyer could attain and retain a positive feedback of 100% over say, 500 small, relatively inexpensive purchases. If that buyer then becomes a rogue seller, and lists say 5 expensive items, does some very dodgy deals and rips off 5 buyers, he could still have 99% positive feedback!
eBay sellers AND buyers, with questionable ethics and IQ levels need to be weeded out and the feedback rating system SHOULD assist in this process to truly make it a safer sales environment for everyone.

Their recent statements are nothing short of BS to fool the sheeple into thinking that they actually care. I hate monopoly...

G

Prior to the recent changes, the ebay feedback system WAS flawed. The system should NOT let the seller leave any kind of feedback other than how quickly the buyer paid. In fact that could be automated if ebay wanted to automate that information.
What other possible reason could a seller have to leave feedback regarding a buyer? The buyer has NO other obligation than to pay quickly. What else can a buyer do to earn negative feedback? I'll tell you what. The buyer can leave negative feedback, which will tick off the seller. Then retaliation occurs.
Many sellers delay posting feedback until the buyer leaves their feedback. I had an (ex ebay seller) "Snowywhite" send me a message that read thus: "Leave a neg, get the same thing back."
This after I paid 5 minutes after the auction ended, then he never shipped my product for 3 weeks, and then only after I reminded him with several emails. I gave accurate feedback, and you see what happened.

That right there proves that the ebay feedback system was flawed. Because with this sort of thing running rampant, how could the system possibly have accurate feedback? Bad sellers will never get exposed this way.

Don't you think?

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
@geekster2

The problem is that more often than not it was the buyer that threatened negative feedback against the seller. For buyers, feedback has almost no value, I've never seen a seller care what a buyer's feedback was. On the other hand, for a seller, feedback is their livelihood. With bad feedback, nobody will purchase from them.

So most sellers are happy that this is happening since now they won't have buyers trying to force them to leave positive feedback. The only problem is that buyers can still do that since there is still a form of buyer feedback and now they have no retaliation.

You guys seem to forget that there are way more sketchy buyers on eBay than sketchy sellers. I deal with both sellers and buyers everyday and sellers get screwed all the time and there was nothing they could do but leave neg feedback. The whole feedback system is flawed, it should be handled internally by the eBay system.

G

@gm0n3y
Well, I must admit to a limited number of Ebay transactions. I've only been a buyer, never a seller (yet). So I suppose it would be fair to bow to the experience of others who have more stories to share than I do. Thanks for the opinion.

G

Sep-13 2011...We're a power~seller on ebay,and amazon,etsy... and have our own web~site stores.....and we’ve heard complaints from sellers(ON EBAY) about feedbacks not being as fair, .... but a seller can legitimate negative feedbacks just by shipping the item as fast as possible and selling their products as cheap as they can.
The bottom line is to make sells..... and to have a Happy buyer! No seller likes badfeedbacks and no buyer should have to leave one........ ROBSrareANDgiantSEEDS.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS