EFF Protesting CISPA Bill Over Privacy Concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiyosaya

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
I think it unfortunate that persons in congress appear to be bowing to lobbyist groups on useless and meaningless laws like this. I should think that there are significantly more meaningful legislative acts they could be doing.

G

We are told there is an oil crisis yet I watch cars sitting idly waiting for over a minute while unintelligent traffic lights transition to green without noticing that there are NO autos coming from any of the intersecting roads.

There is a crisis in our foreign policy and hundreds of billions are wasted on places like Iraq and Afghanistan for no discernibly rational reason other than the enrichment of war contractors.

I see that health care expense is STILL the leading cause of personal bankruptcy even as congress deftly avoids a bill supporting HEALTH CARE COVERAGE FOR ANYTHING, FOR EVERYONE, ANYTIME and ends up with a bill virtually dictated by the profiteering "health care" insurance industry.

And yet, somehow, congress has made time to waste on THIS, YET ANOTHER INCURSION into our privacy after a wholesale REJECTION of their previous attempt.

Maybe it is time, by KICKING OUT ALL INCUMBENTS OF BOTH PARTIES to show our displeasure at their inability to enact meaningful and appropriate legislation that benefits the 99% of us who are not of the 1%... eh?

dgingeri

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
I'm just giving it up. the American people are just too stupid to prevent this. they keep electing the self-serving aristocrats, ignoring honorable men who would do well and serve the people in the government. This country will collapse under its own weight within the next 10-15 years anyway, due exactly to stupid voters. These voters, who overwhelm the smarter people who see this coming, are just too stupid to be swayed by anything short of mass media, which has been doing the swaying for the last 40 years, and the sheep just follow along toward their doom. Obama is a wanna be King, and Romney is a liar and a thief. Both completely self serving. Which would be better? Neither. Why bother fighting this? They'll get it through one way or another, and we're all screwed in the process. Did the DMCA situation teach nothing?

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
Easy, kick out the """representatives""" who do not properly represent the wishes of the people. This should be made easy. Either represent the ones who voted you in, or, GTFO, you sad excuse for a missed chance to do something useful.

wiyosaya

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
There is a online petition against this - http://www.avaaz.org/en/stop_cispa/

And the White House has announced serious reservations against the bill in its current format.

If what is printed about the bill on the petition site is true, it would allow any ISP to snoop on customers for as long as they want for any reason without a warrant. Seems to be something that will get struck down by the Supreme Court if it ever passes - and assuming that the Supreme Court does not consist of a collection of activist judges.

Status
Not open for further replies.