eHarmony Gets Hacked

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

techguy378

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
Life in prison for Russo is not a sufficient punishment. Nobody, not one single person on the planet has any business illegally accessing someone else's private info whether it be an individual or company.

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
Well we don't know exactly how the "hacker" went around informing eharmony of the security flaw or in what context. It could have been one in which the "hacker" came across like an extortionist, in which case eharmony told him to #$@ off. If that was the case then if I was eharmony I would have done the same, of course I also would have checked out this potential problem.

G

"To those who say "good job hacker":
So, if i came by unasked and do your garden maintenance, then charge you for it, and you would refuse to pay, i'm in my right to wreck your garden?? Even though you didn't ask me in the first place?"
--
You're an idiot.
A better, and actually relatable, scenario would be: If I came by your house and told you I had found a lock on one of your doors that wasn't functioning and its possible that someone could easily break in at anytime, then asked you to pay me to find out which lock it was. You say "i don't believe you" - i break into your house to prove it and you call the police.

Status
Not open for further replies.