Solved! Element Smart TV with Screencast App

Jan 25, 2020
Element TV ELEFW328

For the life of me, can’t get any device to recognize the tv for trying to cast to it. Tried both android and iOS devices. Any thoughts?

Solution
Element TV’s are usually lower price points and therefor lacking in features. Looking at the spec for your model it does not appear to have casting hardware built into like a Samsung frequently does. Try buying a Google Chromecast device.

T2Jock

Great
Jan 15, 2020
Element TV’s are usually lower price points and therefor lacking in features. Looking at the spec for your model it does not appear to have casting hardware built into like a Samsung frequently does. Try buying a Google Chromecast device.

Solution
Jan 25, 2020
Appreciate the feedback. The tv is in my 10 year olds room, hence the cheaper tv. Was hoping to avoid another fire stick or other device, but sounds like that would be the simplest solution other buying a better tv.

T2Jock

Great
Jan 15, 2020
For many years I was a confirmed Roku users. I also have a couple of AppleTV boxes. But about a year ago, I retired everything and switched to just Amazon FireTV sticks and Cubes. They're not perfect but I think they are as good or better than just about anything else. If/when there are problems it stops a lot of finger pointing. It can't be the other guy's problem when there is no other guy.