Ellipsis 10 wifi

Aug 3, 2018
I am trying to use my verizon ellipsis 10 on wifi only, without verizon data connection. The wifi setting keeps turning off as soon as turned on. How can I get this setting to stay on?

Solution
No. It doesn't work that way in tablets. That wouldn't be legal. They can make it so you can't access 'data' if you don't have data through whatever carrier/service provider you use, however they can't restrict the WiFi access.

You can try taking out the SIM, however in some devices they won't work if the SIM is removed. If they have something on their SIM that restricts WiFi access, that would also not be legal. And more so if you no longer have any service with that carrier/service provider.

You could also have an app that is interfering with it, but that is also less likely to effect this. If it doesn't' work, it may well be hardware.
Try turning off the "Data" setting on the tablet first. Then restart the tablet (turn it off and back on). Next 'forget' the WiFi you are trying to connect to and then readd it. Should work then.

If it still won't work or stay on, then you may need to have the tablet looked at.

Aug 3, 2018

I am ASSumong that there is a setting within. The ellipsis 10 which is causing it to not work unless I am paying to have it as a separate phone line. I appreciate your suggestion, and even though, my data setting WAS still on, when I turned it off this did not help. What about taking out the sim card?

No. It doesn't work that way in tablets. That wouldn't be legal. They can make it so you can't access 'data' if you don't have data through whatever carrier/service provider you use, however they can't restrict the WiFi access.

You can try taking out the SIM, however in some devices they won't work if the SIM is removed. If they have something on their SIM that restricts WiFi access, that would also not be legal. And more so if you no longer have any service with that carrier/service provider.

You could also have an app that is interfering with it, but that is also less likely to effect this. If it doesn't' work, it may well be hardware.

Solution
Aug 3, 2018