Enternal to external

sakeralfredjunior

Prominent
Dec 20, 2017
I formated 16 g SD card to enternal storage want to reverse. When I go to setting in 7.1 android tab by alcatel there is no options for this all I can do is clean junk files

Solution
If it originally asked you this, when inserting the card, then It should do the same with any new card. Unless there was an update to the phone that changed this option. If the problem is it being an older card (can happen), then you can try inserting a new SD card and see if the option pops up again. If not, then I would wonder if the message you saw was in fact for making the card "Internal" or not, or if an update to the OS changed it. If the problem is an OS update, the only option would be to do a "Hard Reset" of the device. However, that would wipe all personal data on it, and once running again, it would still prompt for you to update so that would then again make it not there.
Well if it is set as "External", then it is not 'set' to anything. A card is normally "External" storage. It can, on some devices, be set as "Internal" so you can run apps from it.

Did you perhaps set it to "Internal" and are now wanting it to not be that? Or is something else going on?

sakeralfredjunior

Prominent
Dec 20, 2017

sakeralfredjunior

Prominent
Dec 20, 2017
I put my card into my android tablet Alcatel a30. It asked if I wanted to format it as a internal storage and I said yes. It did it's thing and reboot and nothing. My internal storage isn't bigger and the system says there is no sd. Not only that but when I go to settings storage no option to format as no ad noticeable. I took it out put it in a computer formatted it to fat 32 and tried putting it back in my tab to format as internal storage doesn't recognize it

sakeralfredjunior

Prominent
Dec 20, 2017

Try the following to set it as "Internal". Note, if it works, you won't see the card as a normal SD card as it does become part of "Internal" storage.

First, you need to be using a phone that is running at least Android "Marshmallow" (or newer) or be able to upgrade to it. Second, you will need the instructions I am including below. And third, you need a phone that has not been restricted by the manufacturer from making this change. Which does happen.

NOTE: If any of the steps are missing on your phone, or they don't work for you, then you have a phone that either has an older Android version or has been restricted by the manufacturer.

How to turn the "External" SD card into "Internal" storage on "Marshmallow" a.k.a. 6.0.

NOTE: Please be sure you start with a blank SD card. It needs to be blank because when the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device).

1. Go to device “Settings”, then select “Storage”.
2. Select your "SD Card", then tap the “three-dot menu“ (top-right), now select “Settings” from in there.
3. Now select “Format as internal”, and then “Erase & Format”.
4. Your SD Card will now be formatted as internal storage.
5. Reboot your phone.

NOTE: If you don't reboot the phone, many things may not work correctly, so make sure you do.

How to turn the "External" SD card into "Internal" storage on "Nougat" a.k.a. 7.0.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Be sure you start with a blank SD card. When the card is converted to "Internal" storage, it will be formatted (wiped) and encoded (making the cards data only readable by that device), so anything on it prior would be gone.

1. Go to "Settings", and then select "Storage & USB".
2. At the bottom of the list you should see the SD card's details, including the option to format it and make it "Internal" storage.
3. Once this is done, reboot the device and you can start running things from the card.

If you don't reboot the phone, some things may not work correctly, so make sure you do the reboot.

sakeralfredjunior

Prominent
Dec 20, 2017

sakeralfredjunior

Prominent
Dec 20, 2017

sakeralfredjunior

Prominent
Dec 20, 2017
Problem is that originally when I first put in the card it was brand new and the tablet did ask me if I wanted internal storage. I said yes and it did its thing and then all of the sudden it stopped and I figured it was done. But when I look into the size of the internal storage or I go into my settings options storage I don't see anything that would indicate that my increased by storage is increased. Does this mean that that was incorrect should not automatically show me a larger hard drive or internal storage?

sakeralfredjunior

Prominent
Dec 20, 2017
I'm assuming that this means that I am not able to do it but that don't make any sense because the problem is is that when I originally put the card in it did ask me about that and I chose yes so why am I not able to see this

If it originally asked you this, when inserting the card, then It should do the same with any new card. Unless there was an update to the phone that changed this option. If the problem is it being an older card (can happen), then you can try inserting a new SD card and see if the option pops up again. If not, then I would wonder if the message you saw was in fact for making the card "Internal" or not, or if an update to the OS changed it. If the problem is an OS update, the only option would be to do a "Hard Reset" of the device. However, that would wipe all personal data on it, and once running again, it would still prompt for you to update so that would then again make it not there.

Solution