Error Removing Registry Key!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 27, 2019
I'm trying to remove registry key that was added during installation of a software under HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Perflib\009\Counter now I'm trying to reset the counter however my research up till now is;
  1. Registry key restore using backup results in error "some keys are open by system or processes"
  2. Also tried PSEXEC but getting same error
Lastly I ran into unlodctr but I'm unsure how to use it, so can any one explain registry can be restore using unlodctr? I have registry key value added by software and backup of the key prior to installation.
Thanks!

Mar 27, 2019
I'm trying to remove registry key that was added during installation of a software under HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Perflib\009\Counter now I'm trying to reset the counter however my research up till now is;
  1. Registry key restore using backup results in error "some keys are open by system or processes"
  2. Also tried PSEXEC but getting same error
Lastly I ran into unlodctr but I'm unsure how to use it, so can any one explain registry can be restore using unlodctr? I have registry key value added by software and backup of the key prior to installation.
Thanks!
Open Registry Editor and browse to that specific key. Right-click on it and select "Permissions". Check if your current user has full control privilege.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
thuandinh Laptop General Discussion 7
A Laptop General Discussion 4
M Laptop General Discussion 2
kakshere Laptop General Discussion 1
D Laptop General Discussion 1
Ablion12 Laptop General Discussion 2
Vilin Laptop General Discussion 0
shashivydyula Laptop General Discussion 0
S Laptop General Discussion 3