Eset Smart Security 8 slows down my friend's laptop.Why???

XLanser

Estimable
Jan 4, 2015
I resently bought Eset Smart Security 8 and with the Back to School Offer i decided to chare it with my friend he owns a Lenovo G50-45 80E3007FUS, when he installed it his laptop would take hours to start up and be usable we had to wait about 1 hour to open the control pannel (for our luck he had it on the desktop) and uninstall it.Can you tell me why this is happening?

Skylyne

Estimable
Sep 7, 2014
I would guess something went wrong during the installation. Have you tried reinstalling it again? It could be fixed that way. if not, then there's two possibilities I would typically look at. Usually, there's one of two things happening: either you have a preexisting infection (any type of malware), or there's a compatibility issue with another program that is installed. Both are very likely, though I'd like to know whether a second installation attempt would fix this issue.

It could also simply be a low amount of available resources to run it. What are the specs on his laptop?

XLanser

Estimable
Jan 4, 2015
The Specs:
AMD A6-6310 1.8 GHz Processor (2.4 GHz Turbo)
4 GB DDR3 RAM; 1 TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive
Integrated AMD Radeon R4 HD graphics
15.6-Inch HD (1366 x 768) Display

I think the laptop if fine on specs...
Can it be because of the bloatware that Lenovo adds to their laptops???

Skylyne

Estimable
Sep 7, 2014
The bloatware on Lenovo laptops could very well cause this problem. The hardware definitely doesn't appear to be the problem, so I'd say there is definitely some software compatibility issues. Either from the bloatware, or possibly something else. I'd get rid of the junk from Lenovo, then try it again.