ESPN+ Review: Decent Sports Streaming, But No Cable Killer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 18, 2018
ESPN+ is not what MLS Live subscribers will like. ESPN+ has launched, and I already see issues with it.

1. ESPN+ will not show nationally televised games from other networks - ever. With MLS Live, all nationally televised matches showed up on the platform after a brief number of days. So, if you were not an ESPN or FOXSPORTS1 subscriber, you could wait a couple of days and view the match.

2. ESPN+ will not have the beloved "condensed match" option that MLS Live subscribers loved. With MLS Live, the "condensed matches were only 20 minutes long. You could watch 6 condensed matches in the time it takes to watch a single FULL match. This was great if you wanted to catch up on the action around the league, as well as your fantasy players, without forking over HOURS and HOURS of time.

3. ESPN+ will not show a replay of an in-market match. If you are unable to watch an in-market match live, then you are out of luck. With MLS Live, you could miss a live viewing of an in-market match because hey…life happens…and still be able to watch it later (usually within an hour of the match’s conclusion).

Basically, ESPN+ is great if you’re a fan of a team NOT in your market. However, it’s not a good deal if you live in an MLS market and are a fan of your local team. Your previous MLS Live subscription gave you all your games, condensed matches, and flexibility. ESPN+ takes that away.

tenquille

Estimable
Feb 7, 2016
Don't do it!

After I cancelled during the free trial and ESPN Plus credited back the $4.99 on hold at my bank, they then took MORE money out of my bank account the following week. When I attemped to log in, the site returned an "account deactivated" message. If they already credited back the money on hold for the free trial, and my account was deactivated, why are they still accessing my account for more money?

I just got off of the phone with another foreign customer DISSERVICE worker who started asking did I do this and did I do that and refusing to acknowledge that anything was wrong!

They said it would now take 5 to 10 business days to refund the new withdrawal. Funny thing is, when I actually cancelled the free trial my refund was almost instant.

More big business thievery.

Status
Not open for further replies.