Essential Phone (PH-1) Review: Beautiful But Not Fully Baked

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

M.Spoonauer

I do think the design is pretty stunning when you look at the edge-to-edge screen and the materials used. Maybe it's something you have to see/touch in person.

williamtgeorge

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017
Last Monday night (8/28 11:45 pm) I received my shipment notification for my pre-ordered Essential PH-1 phone and 360 degree camera. The confirmation email mentioned that the PH-1 is not compatible with the Verizon Network. Early information from Essential said the phone would work on all GSM, CDMA and LTE carriers. What's going on here? Is Verizon playing hardball because they didn't get an exclusive? Is Verizon upset that they didn't get to put their junk-ware apps and O.S. overlay skin on the Pure Android operating system? I'm wondering if Verizon can explain this problem to the U.S. Public Utilities Commission?

mstina64

Prominent
Oct 14, 2017
Wish I would have researched this phone,now I'm in for 18 long months of complete dissatisfaction,and misery.

lucore

Prominent
Nov 14, 2017
Got talked into this phone after no real research by a condescending Sprint salesman (I went in for an LG). After one day I just about hated it, but found out exchanging for the LG I wanted had complications, so now I'm stuck with it while attempting to enjoy it with mixed results.

Status
Not open for further replies.