Ex-BioWare Writer to Join Science Fiction Kickstarter Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

BringMeAnother

Honorable
Apr 22, 2012
I'm sad to say that according to the trends I've seen on Kickstarter, the funding isn't likely to be successful. This might make it to $200,000 at most. That's too bad. I like story driven games.

wood42334402

Honorable
Sep 6, 2013
my Aunty Annabelle just got an awesome 6 month old MINI Cooper Clubvan Wagon only from working part time online... use this link ...... WWW.YAD7.COM

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
this is what a google search turned up on her.
very telling.

"Jennifer Hepler and people like her should never have been allowed to work in the gaming industry. When you say you want to skip all the game play then you probably shouldn't be making video games, you should be making movies. The idea of her writing Mass Effect 3 makes me want to give up on Bioware.

p.s. Just a note: I'm not against women in the gaming industry, just fan girls.
They're single handedly ruining the gaming industry."
Biowareconfessions.

made me lol until i thought about it.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwgvccHhm21r1z0c0o1_500.png

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
seems like a promising project, but as before mentioned, the kickstarter rage is dimming down these days. alot of promising projects arent getting funded and people are growing weary of the long developement times. however I will give a donation because im actually interested in this kind of game. this a game that publishers wouldnt touch even with a very long stick.

if you dont like story driven games, go check out "To The Moon" RIGHT NOW!

G

@ f-14

Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Like one of the comments above says, Jennifer Hepler and people like her should never have been allowed to work in the gaming industry. . That is as true as it gets. Her interviews are disgusting, full of finest nonsense as to how games ought to be and it whenever I encounter a particularly bad dialogue in ME3 I can't help but wonder whether Helper wrote it. Her "vision" is as repulsive as it gets and I am overjoyed she left BioWare (too late, perhaps?) Her comments about skipping gameplay by far aren't the worst thing. So let her join whatever project she wants to - just make sure she stays out of good AAA franchises.

Michele Barker

Honorable
Sep 6, 2013
I'm not so sure if news of her involvement will help them. They may have shot their own foot on this one. I have nothing against Helper, but there are a lot of gamers who dislike her writing. I for one, do not care for her writing either. As a person, I don't know Helper, so I have no personal opinion. It wasn't right that she got bullied, and I have empathy for her situation.

(Commenting on a previous post) I'm a female gamer, and no, we're not ruining the gaming industry. Having games (RPG's) especially, it makes sense to cater to both sexes. No one will stop making shooters, sports games etc... But both sexes like RPG's.

joe gamer

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
The last games she wrote for do not inspire confidence...and no, having her name attached to the project will not "speed up the science fiction Kickstarter's fundraising process". Quite the opposite actually. Her attitude, statements to the public, and most importantly(to me anyway) the piss poor storytelling in all of the latest Bioware games have made her no friends amongst gamers.

Michele Barker

Honorable
Sep 6, 2013
I'm not so sure if news of her involvement will help them. They may have shot their own foot on this one. I have nothing against Helper, but there are a lot of gamers who dislike her writing. I for one, do not care for her writing either. As a person, I don't know Helper, so I have no personal opinion. It wasn't right that she got bullied, and I have empathy for her situation.

(Commenting on a previous post) I'm a female gamer, and no, we're not ruining the gaming industry. Having games (RPG's) especially, it makes sense to cater to both sexes. No one will stop making shooters, sports games etc... But both sexes like RPG's.

Status
Not open for further replies.