Ex-Navy Seabee Shoots iPhone 4 With .50 Cal Rifle

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
I don't know what is dumber the fact that he waisted a 50 cal. bullet or the fact that he
doesn't show the camera till after the bullet has already hit the camera, so the video is
lame. As for the Iphone 4, well theres one less disgruntal ATT customer.

wotan31

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
[citation][nom]supertrek32[/nom]A shot from an M82 can blow your leg off. Seems like the iPhone didn't take that much damage, though.Not saying it wasn't a .50 cal round, but I was expecting it to explode from the impact. Disappointing![/citation]
Notice that it didn't even slow the bullet down. In and out. Like shooting a beer can. If you want it to explode, you need to hit something with some mass, to cause the bullet to mushroom. Maybe 4 or 5 iPhones stacked together. It's the deformation of the bullet that causes the target to just explode. If you don't have enough mass to deform the bullet, it just slices through and keeps going.

aaron686

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
now this is one "someone did something special with their new apple product" news i enjoy watching..over and over...

rohitbaran

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
I hope Apple could start a new business under a different brand name: A business of methods to destroy their irritating products. I am sure they would capture a huge market.

G

Thats not a .50cal...... look at 0.51 seconds, the bullet hole is very small.

zaznet

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
It's been dropped, microwaved, blended (have yet to see that video) and shot. Anything left to do to it that would be at all interesting?

aaron686

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
[citation][nom]zaznet[/nom]It's been dropped, microwaved, blended (have yet to see that video) and shot. Anything left to do to it that would be at all interesting?[/citation]
How about being able to use it properly? :O

Status
Not open for further replies.