Exclusive Apple Dating Site Gaining Popularity

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

getritch

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
[citation][nom]Hellbound[/nom]These people confuse me. They project themselves to be the more free spirited, liberation oriented type. But they side with a company that has the most control over its product, and rules it with an iron fist, more than any other company out there. I mean, who's ever heard of a company getting law enforcement to raid someones house over a phone?[/citation]

Not just any law enforcement...a special electronics task force!
iCops.

Lmeow

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010
"The more I thought about it, the more I realized people that are true Apple fans might actually have a lot more in common than they realize,"

I'm supposing by 'in common' means that the majority of Apple fans think that $2499 is reasonable for a i7 920 based Xeon, 3GB RAM, a GT 120 (a rebranded 9500 GT), a 640GB HDD, don't know what 'AMD' is and think Steve Jobs can divide by zero.

wilem_WAR246810

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009
[citation][nom]Lmeow[/nom]"The more I thought about it, the more I realized people that are true Apple fans might actually have a lot more in common than they realize,"I'm supposing by 'in common' means that the majority of Apple fans think that $2499 is reasonable for a i7 920 based Xeon, 3GB RAM, a GT 120 (a rebranded 9500 GT), a 640GB HDD, don't know what 'AMD' is and think Steve Jobs can divide by zero.[/citation]
This really made me LOL, especially the AMD and the hardware for money part

1pp1k10k4m1

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2008
[citation][nom]Hellbound[/nom]These people confuse me. They project themselves to be the more free spirited, liberation oriented type. But they side with a company that has the most control over its product, and rules it with an iron fist, more than any other company out there. I mean, who's ever heard of a company getting law enforcement to raid someones house over a phone?[/citation]

Dude, read the history of countries like Russia under Stalin and Germany under Hitler. Same type of attitude, it just extended to politics in their case. Apple, thankfully is limited to not having Senators...yet.

1pp1k10k4m1

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2008
[citation][nom]Lmeow[/nom]"The more I thought about it, the more I realized people that are true Apple fans might actually have a lot more in common than they realize,"I'm supposing by 'in common' means that the majority of Apple fans think that $2499 is reasonable for a i7 920 based Xeon, 3GB RAM, a GT 120 (a rebranded 9500 GT), a 640GB HDD, don't know what 'AMD' is and think Steve Jobs can divide by zero.[/citation]

I'm on a mac, and I don't think that; but I think in general you're probably right.

1pp1k10k4m1

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2008
So i just looked...it straight says on the site "meet an :apple logo: fanboy or girl"

What a bunch of elitist pigs. It advertises not having flash too, just like a brainwashed Apple-sque site should. I'm on a mac, but I don't act like its the end all beat all. I have pcs too. This is pa-freakin-thetic.

I guess this does show that some Apple users really do think themselves superior to others. I'm amazed and appalled all at once. What incredible arrogance.

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
This site is pretty sad. For any Apple fanboy wondering why PC users hate you so much, this is it. If you ever thought a PC user was not justified in his position, think of this site. If you ever thought Apple users are not stuck up, remember this site. This website nullifies any argument Apple fans have against their stereotype.

b23h

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2009
[citation][nom]beayn[/nom]This site is pretty sad. For any Apple fanboy wondering why PC users hate you so much, this is it. If you ever thought a PC user was not justified in his position, think of this site. If you ever thought Apple users are not stuck up, remember this site. This website nullifies any argument Apple fans have against their stereotype.[/citation]

Dear Apple fanboy and person lacking in critical thinking skills, just because I and many of the people here don't like Apple (and one reason is the nose in the air attitude), doesn't mean your snobbishness has been pardoned just because you’ve been criticized.

b23h

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2009
Er, now that I read the comment super closely I have a feeling this is not a Apple fanboy. My apologies....

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]b23h[/nom]Dear Apple fanboy and person lacking in critical thinking skills, just because I and many of the people here don't like Apple (and one reason is the nose in the air attitude), doesn't mean your snobbishness has been pardoned just because you’ve been criticized.[/citation]

Uhh.. What?

My post is for those people who say PC users are the ones with their noses in the air. We see some of those posts now and then from certain people. I have no idea what you're trying to say here.

NathanTR

Distinguished
May 18, 2010
I bet the site is so popular because it's probably the only one that caters to guys with huge vaginas. 

Sent from my iPod

bearracuda

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
[citation][nom]gm0n3y[/nom]I just did this and was able to access the site, its pretty lame.[/citation]

I'm giving you a thumbs just for quoting yourself in a follow-up comment. I like the dedication.

b23h

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2009
Beayn, again sorry for the friendly fire incident. I realize that the article under discussion is talking about an Apple only dating site, but when you say multiple times “this site” without specifying, it took it that you were referring to Tom’s Hardware Guide. Like for instance I am not sure as to if NathanTR is trying to troll us with his statement:

[citation][nom]NathanTR[/nom]I bet the site is so popular because it's probably the only one that caters to guys with huge vaginas. Sent from my iPod[/citation]

Status
Not open for further replies.