Extending battery life

G

Hello guys, I recently purchased a new laptop (http://www.ebuyer.com/737456-msi-gl62-6qc-gaming-laptop-9s7-16j612-065). I bought it for school but also some light gaming hence why i got a dedicated GPU (albeit not a great one). The problem I am having is one that I knew would happen which is the lack battery life. Of course with a dedicated GPU and a HQ CPU, it was never going to last long. However I am looking into ways that i could possibly increase the battery life time quite significantly without much success. I am aware that you can get portable chargers for laptops but I wouldn't have any idea on how to look for one or what are good. I am also aware that an SSD can increase the battery as well as performance of the laptop but by how much would the battery increase and a 1TB SSD replacement would be costly as i would need it to replace the mechanical drive seeming as leaving the mechanical in would mean it would still be using up the battery all the time?

Could someone please give me some advice on how I could do all of these things? Like how to know what battery to look for, what portable charger etc? Also what kind of difference would an SSD have for the battery life? Maybe there is something I can do to the CPU and/or GPU to make it use less battery? Would installing an older version of windows such as windows 8.1 or 7 help? I am a bit of a novice when it comes to laptops.

I have tried lowering brightness but this just isn't ideal in bright rooms or when outside in the sun. I get around 2 or less hours on light use!!!

Solution
Is very simple. Say your current battery says capacity 2000 mAh and it lasts 5 hours, to double that time then you will need another battery with the same 2000mAh capacity. Another battery with 1000 mAh with give you an additional 2.5 hr. This is just an example.

Never mind how many cells, all you need is know is the TOTAL capacity of the battery
G

I get that but surely there are more powerful batteries I can get for it? And if so, how do i go about finding one?

G

But I are there not diff things like how many cells there are and mah? Forgive my lack of knowledge.

Thanks for the replies so far. :)

Is very simple. Say your current battery says capacity 2000 mAh and it lasts 5 hours, to double that time then you will need another battery with the same 2000mAh capacity. Another battery with 1000 mAh with give you an additional 2.5 hr. This is just an example.

Never mind how many cells, all you need is know is the TOTAL capacity of the battery

Solution
G

Thanks for your replies. :)