Solved! Extra storage galaxy tablet

Mar 1, 2019
I have a galaxy tablet 8g I'm nearly out of space in do have a sd card in the tablet there are only a few apps than I can put them onto the sd card I'm thinking what would happen if I format the sd card would I erase all data all I want is more storage maybe it would be easier to buy a better galaxy with more gig thank you in advance for anything helpful

Solution
Yes if you format the SD card then anything in the card will be wiped. But just formatting the card won't help you, your device has to support using it as internal storage.

What you can do is configure your camera and media player to store your files on the SD card, leaving the internal space for programs.

You can also go through the applications options and move what you can to the card.

daustin792

Great
Feb 4, 2019
If you have the apps set to save to the SD card then yes, I believe app data will be deleted.

There are now some pretty large SD cards available. I'd be surprised if you couldn't just get a larger one. You probably could just copy the contents of one SD card to a computer and then put in the larger card and move the files back. That should work just fine. Just shut the tablet completely off while you do the transfer.

Mar 1, 2019
If you have the apps set to save to the SD card then yes, I believe app data will be deleted.

There are now some pretty large SD cards available. I'd be surprised if you couldn't just get a larger one. You probably could just copy the contents of one SD card to a computer and then put in the larger card and move the files back. That should work just fine. Just shut the tablet completely off while you do the transfer.
Thank you but there seems to be loads of space left on the sd card as only a few of the apps will not go on the sd card thats probably because the apps are only for the device i am worried that if I format the sd card would I lose everything

Yes if you format the SD card then anything in the card will be wiped. But just formatting the card won't help you, your device has to support using it as internal storage.

What you can do is configure your camera and media player to store your files on the SD card, leaving the internal space for programs.

You can also go through the applications options and move what you can to the card.

Solution