F secures Mikko Hypponen say they and others can scan the whole internet but how much can they, the goverment really see?

ORION85

Commendable
Nov 4, 2016
Considering encrypting my system as even though my data isnt sensitive I dont like the idea of people having the freedom to scan my PC at their own will even though I have nothing to hide. Its my human right to privacy.

So those in the know, how much can people see on my PC from these companies that scan the internet, the government, internet companies etc see, so apart from encrypting my data is there anything else I can do to block them out apart from not using the internet lol.

Orion.

Solution
I would say anything you have uploaded to the internet they can see. Any posts you've made, things backed up to clouds, anything through the internet CAN be monitored. Not sure about what they can find on your PC through the internet tho. Pretty sure you need to be at your desk to do that lol. Why would they want to anyway?

But yes a lot of personal data is sold to advertisers to show you ads. This is the least of my concerns considering they don't really do much with it other than look at your searches/interests.

fiterpilot

Commendable
Jul 4, 2016
I would say anything you have uploaded to the internet they can see. Any posts you've made, things backed up to clouds, anything through the internet CAN be monitored. Not sure about what they can find on your PC through the internet tho. Pretty sure you need to be at your desk to do that lol. Why would they want to anyway?

But yes a lot of personal data is sold to advertisers to show you ads. This is the least of my concerns considering they don't really do much with it other than look at your searches/interests.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS