Fable Franchise ''May Adopt Natal''

Status
Not open for further replies.

redgarl

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
Seriously, if mixing old controller gaming experiences with motion sensors is the way to go, I think Microsoft is going to face a dead end. Look, Nintendo is creating their games with the controller in mind, not the opposite. So, would project Natal potential only be to translate real fart to virtual ones in Fable 3?

Most of these games on the Wii are failures. Twilight Princess seems more appreciated on the Gamecube, it tells a lot.

gerohmygosh

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2009
I think Microsoft is going to be stuck on this one. Recently Sony patented "emotion expression" which identifies emotions by facial expression and honestly that would be something Natal could use.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]redgarl[/nom]Natal, the new Eye Toy...?Let clean the screen or play volleyball... seriously... Eye Toy HD...[/citation]Gee, I wasn't aware the eyetoy had a seperate infrared depth sensor/emitter array, in addition to the RGB camera, for 3D motion capture capabilities. Not to mention the dedicated processing hardware that offloads much of the work.

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
[citation][nom]redgarl[/nom]Natal, the new Eye Toy...?Let clean the screen or play volleyball... seriously... Eye Toy HD...[/citation]

Being an ignorant is fine. Waving the ignorance in public is plain dumb. Learn all the huge differences between Natal and a camera ( EyE Toy). What you comfuse is a full Wiimote Plus ripoff into a Wand from Sony. That IS the same thing. Natal is a complete seperate piece of hardware with its own CPU ( generally hardware ) and sofware, ready for heavy duty when it comes to recognising voices, full body movements/gestures ( 3D ), face recognition etc etc x4 ( which is the No of users recognised by it at the same time). EyEToy will stick to the monkey games cause the PS3 can hardly do worst graphically than the 360 on crossplatform without the extra oad of anything of the kind. Even if they tried to use the EyE Toy on heavy loaded games, the system would fail big time.

Anyhow, on topic: I wont be surprised. Actually, I more than expect it since he was behind the whole Milo project to show off the Natal possibilities from his aspect in short time which was amazing no matter wat it was. If it wont be that much and even more implimented into Fable 3 then I expect him to start giving hints for his secret project thats milo/Natal relevant, fully out of the Fable series.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]Kevin[/nom]Heck, we're betting that Microsoft and Lionhead are already in bed with a Natal and Fable merger, and that Spencer is teasing us all with pebbles of information... typical foreplay teasing.[/citation]
Seemed liked a rather informal news segemnt to me, until I read that last paragraph... yeah.

redgarl

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
[citation][nom]manos[/nom]Being an ignorant is fine. Waving the ignorance in public is plain dumb. Learn all the huge differences between Natal and a camera ( EyE Toy). What you comfuse is a full Wiimote Plus ripoff into a Wand from Sony. That IS the same thing. Natal is a complete seperate piece of hardware with its own CPU ( generally hardware ) and sofware, ready for heavy duty when it comes to recognising voices, full body movements/gestures ( 3D ), face recognition etc etc x4 ( which is the No of users recognised by it at the same time). EyEToy will stick to the monkey games cause the PS3 can hardly do worst graphically than the 360 on crossplatform without the extra oad of anything of the kind. Even if they tried to use the EyE Toy on heavy loaded games, the system would fail big time.Anyhow, on topic: I wont be surprised. Actually, I more than expect it since he was behind the whole Milo project to show off the Natal possibilities from his aspect in short time which was amazing no matter wat it was. If it wont be that much and even more implimented into Fable 3 then I expect him to start giving hints for his secret project thats milo/Natal relevant, fully out of the Fable series.[/citation]

Lol... it could be anything more... but it still camera motion caption... it the same thing... but generations ahead...

What I am saying is, will it be that different from Eye Toy from what we know? Stop fooling around, the answer is no. Seriously, I bet 5$ that the first game that Natal will use will be a Wii Sport Rip-Off.

Another thing, developers still got difficulty making game using the Wii motion plus... you really think they will jump on the Natal bandwagon with 360 sales lagging behind? Do you imagine the cost of doing games on the 360 with Natal? Also, aren't we at the end of the 360 life cycle? So don't expect more than a handful of games supporting it, a huge waste of money to put in a 200$ HD Eye Toy.

Icylobster

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
I don't think I could stand playing Fable with Natal. Some games are meant for controllers and I'd like to keep it that way, at least until full virtual reality kicks in :).

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
[citation][nom]redgarl[/nom]Lol... it could be anything more... but it still camera motion caption... it the same thing... but generations ahead...What I am saying is, will it be that different from Eye Toy from what we know? Stop fooling around, the answer is no. Seriously, I bet 5$ that the first game that Natal will use will be a Wii Sport Rip-Off.Another thing, developers still got difficulty making game using the Wii motion plus... you really think they will jump on the Natal bandwagon with 360 sales lagging behind? Do you imagine the cost of doing games on the 360 with Natal? Also, aren't we at the end of the 360 life cycle? So don't expect more than a handful of games supporting it, a huge waste of money to put in a 200$ HD Eye Toy.[/citation]
I agree. Natal is a glorified EyeToy. I find it hilarious that anyone tries to say otherwise. As for Fable with Natal, I don't see how it could work and be fun. You'd still definitely need a controller, so I can't see them working in anything beyond it tracking your facial expressions. And I think I'd rather kill myself than play a whole game based around Natal controls and mime around the living room like an idiot unless it was some stupid party game. Bottom line is, a game based around Natal simply won't be fun. Fable would need to have subtle integration for anyone to be more impressed than annoyed.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]redgarl[/nom]Lol... it could be anything more... but it still camera motion caption... it the same thing... but generations ahead...What I am saying is, will it be that different from Eye Toy from what we know? Stop fooling around, the answer is no. Seriously, I bet 5$ that the first game that Natal will use will be a Wii Sport Rip-Off.Another thing, developers still got difficulty making game using the Wii motion plus... you really think they will jump on the Natal bandwagon with 360 sales lagging behind? Do you imagine the cost of doing games on the 360 with Natal? Also, aren't we at the end of the 360 life cycle? So don't expect more than a handful of games supporting it, a huge waste of money to put in a 200$ HD Eye Toy.[/citation]
no ms has said time and time again that they plan only the 360 lasting every bit as long as the ps3 which gives it about 5-6 more years , not ention with the current economy as it is ,i could easily see the box and the ps3 lasting another ten years even if they both malke another system durring that time

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]Maxor127[/nom]I agree. Natal is a glorified EyeToy. I find it hilarious that anyone tries to say otherwise.[/citation]I find it hilarious that it isn't even out yet but you already know its just a fancy eyetoy. You sound like someone saying "The Wii's motion controller is just a glorified power glove!" before it was even released.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
[citation][nom]AlexTheBlue[/nom]I find it hilarious that it isn't even out yet but you already know its just a fancy eyetoy. You sound like someone saying "The Wii's motion controller is just a glorified power glove!" before it was even released.[/citation]
That sounds like a personal problem. I can't help you if you lack common sense. I've watched the tech demos and I know what its capable of. Seriously, what are you expecting it to be able to do?

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
i think that it will be difficult to develop games for this... but on the other hand... booting up me 360 and navigating through netflix, my movies and my music collection would be great... Im a lazy bastard when i get home.... and if i can use the 360 without rummaging around for a remote.. in my eyes it has some potential... i just see most of this potential on the dash... at least for the short turm.

gamerjames

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
[citation][nom]manos[/nom]Being an ignorant is fine. [/citation]

Ignorant is an adjective. Who's the ignoramus now?

On a serious note, natal is a glorified eyetoy, simple as that. Yes, hardware wise it is advanced but what it is capable of isn't impressive in the least. Idk who would want to play a game on natal anyway..

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Natal would be awesome if you had a VR helmet. Being able to capture motion is great but restricting the motion so that you must face the screen at all times is ridiculous. Nintendo has it right and the PS3 and 360 are going to copy. You won't see this being used on cross platforms if the developers of the game have any common sense. Adapting the 3 different types of motion control to be portable will be to costly when considering gimmick verse get it out and make $ anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.