Solved! Facebook data sharing

Apr 5, 2018
I’m having trouble understanding the difference between Facebook sharing data and Govt sharing demographic statistics. Or Reward Points companies sharing data. No individual data is released.

Solution
Honestly, there is not much difference. Facebook is sharing your browsing pattern to the advertisers so that more relevant ads can be shown to you, and govt is sharing and using your demographic data so that more appropriate policies can be made.

This whole fuss on Facebook is a big pile of horse crap. This has nothing to do with your privacy, instead, this is just a fight between liberals and convers..

mdd1963

Distinguished
If unconcerned about FB selling your search habits and specifics, then, proceed as normal.....

(I'm not concerned w/ FB seeing anything I do/view/click on, as it is all merely non-personal technology and gun related, etc...; some folks are concerned with health privacy, in that if you search for cancer treatment, perhaps insurance companies can buy this data, and deny you coverage, etc...)

ragnar-gd

Estimable
Sep 30, 2014
Facebook does not only share your data, but via its APIs allows their "customers" to have ads (or fake news) pop up at your desk VIA facebook, if your profile looks like what the "customer" likes.

asheesh1_2000

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
Honestly, there is not much difference. Facebook is sharing your browsing pattern to the advertisers so that more relevant ads can be shown to you, and govt is sharing and using your demographic data so that more appropriate policies can be made.

This whole fuss on Facebook is a big pile of horse crap. This has nothing to do with your privacy, instead, this is just a fight between liberals and convers..

Solution