Facebook Page for Snitching Traffic Violators

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

duk3

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
I wonder how many of the pictures were taken while driving, qualifying them for a fine of their own...

FrozenGpu

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
[citation][nom]wawa sxm[/nom]i like it and think where i live it would be effective...i'm on a tiny island where foreigners are more numerous then the natives and with that brought a level of violence we didn't know (not to mention a lack of any education by parents and children)....i supporte snitching so that lovely american tourist can spend the little money obama gave them on us[/citation]
What island do you live on?

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
This is some bs. There would only be a few times I think this should be used for. Drunks, people doing 100mph in a school or really any place that has a lot of people walking.

But to snitch on people using cell phones, not wearing a helmet.. I mean really not wearing a helmet.. It's gonna hurt him more then anybody else and I'm sure he understands this. Get off your high horses, you probably suck at driving to.

thesupermedium

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
People should unite against the government, not distrust and snitch on each other. Still, if someone is being dangerous on the road, like DUI or road rage, there has been something more effective than this. 911.

jitpublisher

Distinguished
May 16, 2006
I believe in privacy, that is one thing. If you choose not to wear a seat belt or a helmet, hey that's your own stupidity. But when you get into a 3000-6000 pound hunk of metal, and operate it in such a manner that puts other people in harm's way, you have lost all and any rights you ever had. Do you people who are whining about "snitching" have any idea how many people are killed everyday in traffic accidents? I see so many people driving unsafely everyday, it is way past time to come down hard on them. These people need to stop and think before getting behind the wheel. Reporting your actions to the authorities is appropriate no matter how you do it. Traffic cameras, 911, stop by the police station in person, or even Facebook. There are many ways to report bad drivers, this is simply another avenue. There is a difference between bad driving, and reckless driving. Whatever it takes to get you reckless idiots off the road is fine with me.
I remember what my father did to a guy who lived in our neighborhood. There was guy who kept flying past our house everyday when I was a kid. The speed limit was like 30, but he would fly down our road a like 50mph on his way to and from work everyday. One day he walked out the street and flagged him down, walked up and leaned into the window, and I heard him calmly say to him " J**, I have children that play in this yard close to this road, you are going to promise me that you will slow this thing down when you come by my house, or I am going to beat you half to death right now." It was simply amazing how much slower the guy drove past our house after that.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]wawa sxm[/nom]i like it and think where i live it would be effective...i'm on a tiny island where foreigners are more numerous then the natives and with that brought a level of violence we didn't know (not to mention a lack of any education by parents and children)....i supporte snitching so that lovely american tourist can spend the little money obama gave them on us[/citation]
Racist much?

waffle911

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
There's snitching. Then there's protecting yourself and others by reporting those individuals who would endanger you.
Cell phones while driving is serious business. Driving should be your ONLY focus while driving. Dividing up your attention to include your cell phone impairs you as much as (or more than) being legally drunk, whether it be talking or especially texting.
Insurance discounts for cars with standard transmissions that really require more attention while driving? That's something I would support. Both hands busy with the task at hand, both hands stay out of trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.