Facebook Rolls Out Free VoIP Calling to U.S. Android Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

computerfarmer

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
It is nice of them to offer something, but if it is like the rest of Facebook, there is no real help when a real problem arises. If you complain for the lack of help, they ban you. I have moved to google+ to post my photos(nature) and enjoy their video conferencing with friends. I already use Skype.

G

"...brings Facebook one step closer to world domination..." LOL, what is that all about? Google has been offering free VOIP calls to anywhere in the U.S. and I believe Canada for nearly 3 years. GOOG is worth much more than FB I recall. I don't see Google invading any countries and planting their flag much less team Zuckerburg. Sure, Facebook is going to get a few million more people to sign up because of this. Dominate the world? I don't even think they will dominate the internet.

G

As far as Facebook being an "all in one" fenced in network: the more they change the site and the more "features" they add, the less I seem interested in it. I think FB hit its peak after they came out with the "wall" and everything after that was useless. Chat has been around since AOL. Video chat. MSN did that in the late 90's. All those worthless little flash games could be played on the web without the need of a FB account, but 90% of the people who play them probably don't know that.

G

Final battle, FIGHT! "...what was once a social network for connecting classmates..." has actually DEVOLVED into a place for political extremists to rant and a place for your frenemies to stalk you through tagged pics and wall posts. Not to mention a free site to hook up with old high school booty calls. It does have its uses.

gggplaya

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
This is great for when i travel because only my android friends have it so i can chat or call their phone with VOIP, and i only have like 2 people actively on skype. Whereas, everyone is on facebook, and most logged in with their phones or on their computer at any given time.

Status
Not open for further replies.