Factory Reset a Lenovo Windows 8 Laptop

Your Lenovo laptop is in need of a system restore, and you don’t know where to start. Resetting a Windows 8 Lenovo laptop to factory settings is actually fairly simple. Just make sure you have all of your files and data backed up on an external drive before you do the restore, since it will wipe your hard drive.
Z5Mivy9.jpg

Step 1: Once your system is backed up, restart your computer. As it boots back up, push and hold the F8 key down. This action will take you to an “Advanced Boot Options” menu instead of to the usual start-up screen.

Step 2: The Advanced Boot Options menu has an option for “Repair Your Computer.” Select it using the arrow keys on your keyboard then push the Enter key.

Step 3: You will be asked to provide language information for your reset. Choose English from the menu—or whatever other language you may what your computer to be in—then click “Next.”

Step 4: On the next screen, you should see a “Lenovo Factory Image Restore” option. Click to launch a restore window, then click “Next.” The next page will ask you whether you want to reformat your hard drive and restore your system to factory. Check the box to approve the action, then click “Next” again. Your computer should now move forward with a system restore.

Recap

Like all other Windows computers, Lenovo Windows 8 laptops include an easy way to do a system restore. Use the steps above to revert your system to factory settings, whether you need to wipe your hard drive or are hoping to get rid of a virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 31, 2019
I have a Lenovo G50. It came new with most of the hard drive as the OS partition (C:) and a small system restore partition (D:). I repartitioned the drive to shrink C:, created a partition for documents and linked it into the directory trsetee on C:, and created 2 more partitions for documents (H:) and to install programs (G:). My question is, if I do a factory reset, will it respect my partitioning and only wipe the existing C: partition, or will it reset the original partitions and wipe out the other partitions?

Status
Not open for further replies.