Farmville Maker Zynga Sued Over Patent Infringement

Status
Not open for further replies.

cognoscentiable

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2011
I know it's getting boring... why are companies and corporations so whiny nowaday's, what happened to just adapting to the competition?

Maybe I just wasn't aware of most of the past lawsuits before Apple owned rights to the rectangle.

pepe2907

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
"even the name of the company has "court" in it"
It's a historical name related to the 100 years war, and to a french city of Azincourt nothing to do with the judical courts.
For the first time I am happy to read an article for license infringement lawsuit. :)

lp231

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2006
I'm going to sue every pen maker out there for patent infringement because I have created a pen that allows writers to write in curves and all of them are coping my idea which was patented during 100 B.C.

Imaging going to a fair and every vender is suing the other for give out prizes to winners.
Hey you can't copy my "you get a price if you win" idea, I'm going to SSSSUUUUEEEE joo!!!!
No it's my idea, I'm going to sue you!
3rd vendor yelling from inside Honey Bucket, I'm suing the both of yA!!!!!!

alexapi32

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2010
[citation][nom]SILVER565[/nom]Maybe I should sue these spammers for "distress" and "emotional damage"[/citation]
Or maybe sue the internet as a whole?

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
companies that can't make their ideas materialize into concrete products just patent them. then they wait for some other guys to make vaguely similar products and sue them. in the end, everybody just sits down thinking about anything and patent them. nobody will produce anything because everything is patented.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
if the US wasnt such constitution wussies they could make a law that allows judges to be allowed to judge by common sense. All these companies go to court claiming emotional damage and after watching a company grow with its own patents sueing for damages. The judges know these lawyers think theyre stupid, and they cant do anything about it. I dont really like zynga, but I hate even more these stupid lawsuits.

Thunderfox

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2006
...so they claim to own the idea of using virtual money in a virtual world? Isn't there supposed to be some rule against patenting obvious things?

Status
Not open for further replies.