Question Faulty power board in a TV

Jun 17, 2024
picked up a TV on the side of the road not too long ago, its a nice curved Samsung (49'' uhd 4k curved smart tv mu6500 series, the model number is un49mu650dfxza). It hadn't been sitting out too long, only collecting a bit of bird poop on the screen. Of course, any roadside TV has a problem with it, so I plugged it in to see what would happen. The startup screen that says "Samsung smart TV" flashes for something like one tenth of a second, then the screen returns to being black. The red standby light that normally is steady red when the TV is plugged in would turn on then back off again. From what I know about TVs, this seems like a power supply/power board issue. I checked the capacitors and they had plenty of power, so it seems like the capacitors start up the TV but the power from the wall fails to come through to keep the TV running. Before I break down and buy a new power board, I want to make %110 sure that the power board is the problem. Can anyone confirm my suspicion, someone with better knowledge of TVs?