FBI Downs Innocent Websites Looking for LulzSec

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]whysobluepandabear[/nom]Good luck to that. We sold our country to money and greed LONG ago.[/citation]
we haven't sold out guns, and thats all that really matters.

[citation][nom]ironmb[/nom]I bet you also believe in aliens and abductions. Lol, THEE GOVERMENT IS AGAINST US ALLL WEEE I'M SO ANARCHY!!! LOOKZ ATS MEZ![/citation]
not anarchy, libertarian is closer to what i am. we need a head of state for world politics, but thats it.

and good job, you proved my point, they take it away so little at a time that you dont even realise it, or cumulatively care. its a fact that people, over time, tend to forget the little things.

here is one that we should all know. we are legally allowed to make a personal backup copy of any video we purchase. however the dmca came along and amended that only unless it doesn't have copyright protection, meaning that we are not allowed to make a personal backup anymore, legally.

but we forgive and forget.

how about the patriot act. we are told that its used only for terror, but its used more often than not against us citizens in the failed drug war, or if they are believed to do something naughty online, with or without proof.

go on keep telling yourself the government does no wrong.

here is one you cant deny though. the government uses taxes as a form of social control

you get tax breaks for getting married, having kids among many things, and any thing that is considered a vice, gets taxed to @#%$ and back. take a look at gambling tax, alcohol tax, cigarettes ect...

and to make it worse, how confusing tax is.

nobody can complain because nobody is 100% sure they payed everything, and if the government wants to shut you up, tax code is what they lean on.

look up al capone (sp)

and ill leave it with this, any form of tax that isn't strictly for raising funds, is a corruption.

G

Hey, Serge

If your company offers servers for rent and co-location services, you have failed your first test.

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
Way to go FBI. Yet another move that proves why you and others in law enforcement are the poster children for stupidity. Not only that but you still have the nerve to justify your act before you think mentality. Congrats. Applause all around. Do yourselves a favor, at least in this "world" you find yourselves in, learn how it works first before you act and by that I mean do not get your education from those like you cause they are as clueless as you are. Instead learn from those who are not like you and have the knowledge or at least learn it on you own. Believe me you will be much better off then relying on those in your field to show you.

As for LulzSec, well I neither condemn nor condone what they are doing, however it seems, based on the stories I have read as of late, that you may have royally screwed yourselves. Your initial targets are one thing, but it seems your "attitude" in going after these targets has caused some of those in the hacking community to take action against you. Bad move. Now you basically have a war that you have to fight on two fronts. This will make your attacks on your initial targets more and more difficult to accomplish.

End the end I feel, do to the actions of all involved, this war will have no wins only losses. It won't be the first time. Remember LOD and MOD?

drwho1

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
I wonder how much the FBI and the Government are trying to hide.

I don't like hackers, but I would like corruption if found to be brought to the public light.

I'm also sure that the FBI is just following orders from "higher up" and been used like puppets on this.

G

If you co-lo you are at risk, beware of the public cloud. Internet V2 ftw!

hixbot

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2007
These hackers are exposing security flaws, lulzsec says it in their name, they are laughing at your security.

Those security flaws put common people at risk. At whom should we focus our anger, the companies and governments who create and maintain the flawed systems? Or the hackers who expose the flaws to the public?

hixbot

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2007
Remember these hackers are in the job of EXPOSING the flaws. What about the hackers that just use the flaws to steal, and cheat? Those are the ones that stay in the shadows, and profit. So again, should we be angry at groups like lolzsec for exposing the flaws? Certainly the flaws won't be fixed if the public remains unaware.

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
any one else missing the funny part of this? The hackers are doning better then the FBI : ))

FBI managed to take down a bunch of innocent people, and dont have much to show for it, while the hackers have already established names?

The FBI is only showing that they, and there respcetive pears where giving power they do not know how to use responsably, in a fight that they have grown to old, and complacent to fight.

this has to be the second or third time this has happened in the last year, and I have to say its not right. I dont expect my house, my buisness, and those of my nabers to be taken because one person in the shared parking lot did a crime. I dont expect them to not know what the differance between a appartment complex, and a house is, and on the same note I expect the people they use to go any infromation to only take what was the offenders.

If the FBI cant do this, cant figure our whos hardware belongs to whom, then they should have these powers revoked, kicked off of all web based crime investigation, and a new organization that actually knows about how computers actually worked should be established.

I dont want my web page, or that of any company I work for taken down because admin just happened to drop my server in a same room as a closet pedofile. There are other ways that dont make the FBI and the government look like cyber dicktaters.

CyberAngel

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008
lulzsec just gave me an idea how to kill my competitors financially!
Make the servers "dirty" - not directly - just *any* on the same rack (or room)
AND
FBI WILL DESTROY MY COMPETITORS
BWUAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Nice way to go...now wait! Wait a minute!!!
Revealings this idea in public means that now they also know how to distroy MY business
AAAAAAAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!
&%¤"/)(&%= you FBI !!!

dawolf74

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
@ironmb

Your a moron.

I used to work for the government.

They do lie to you, all the time. It is just some people are smart enough to know this without having to see it first hand, and then there are people like you.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]cablechewer[/nom]Alidan if you wake up the masses they will rage, riot, impose the worst possible solution and then go back to sleep for a long time. A person is smart, but people as a herd are stupid and panicky. You need people to wake up, learn enough logic to separate propaganda from fact and start fixing the problems around them. You might as well wish for fairy wings that can carry you to the moon. Oops - am I being cynical?[/citation]

look at our founding.
i do have hope.

sslazio77

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]welcome to the age of cyber wars...lol[/citation]

And a Cyber War we shall have! Acid Burn will come out on top above all else because she's hott.

v1ze

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009
[citation][nom]dawolf74[/nom]@ironmbYour a moron.I used to work for the government.They do lie to you, all the time. It is just some people are smart enough to know this without having to see it first hand, and then there are people like you.[/citation]
You're a moron? Or did you actually mean that he owns 'a moron'? Or is it my 'a moron'? Moron!

dalauder

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
What is the point of all this hacking? They should at least be attempting to expose felonies committed by government officials and top executives (in a court admissible fashion) to force the legal system to send them to jail. That, or tricking corporations into funding "good" things.

Without actions with a clearly positive intention, it just makes this hacking groups bad guys looking to cause chaos, which isn't a very productive focus. If they just want to screw stuff up, they may as well be trying to rob financial firms to at least make themselves rich while they commit felonies.

Why would you break into a bank vault to spray paint it? It seems to me they should be doing something specific. And if they are, why isn't there more talk about the hacking groups goals?

Status
Not open for further replies.