FCC Fines Telcos Over Data Security

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

In April of 2007, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) created a new rule requiring all phone companies to submit reports on its Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI) practices. Unfortunately, many of those required to submit the yearly

FCC Fines Telcos Over Data Security : Read more

jsloan

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
what about the at&t, verizon, ect for all those fiber splitters the nsa installed to grab all the internet traffic.

that's ok, no need to fine, shut down.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
I can't believe the FCC has the power to fine companies or restrict their business practices, but the FDA has no power to do anything. Our communication is apparently more important than our food and drugs.

The Telcos aren't complying because they don't care. There's no money to be made in CPNI, just like there's no money to be made in upgrading the aging networks they run on. I don't think anyone ever mistook a Telco's actions as being considerate of their customers satisfaction and security.

Telcos are the modern railroad companies. They own the infrastructure, and they'll decide how to use it. The FCC can do whatever they want, companies like Verizon, ATT, etc... just don't care.

Claimintru

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
LOL a 20,000 fine is a joke to a business, its not even their janitor's yearly salary. Why both to upgrade their systems when they can turn off the lights in their buildings an hour earlier and save the same amount of money?

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]Claimintru[/nom]LOL a 20,000 fine is a joke to a business, its not even their janitor's yearly salary. Why both to upgrade their systems when they can turn off the lights in their buildings an hour earlier and save the same amount of money?[/citation]
THIS

It pisses me off so much when the government attempts to punish companies, but they never seem to outweigh the benefit of breaking a regulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Streaming Video & TVs 1
K Streaming Video & TVs 1
O Streaming Video & TVs 8
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 2
E Streaming Video & TVs 1
A Streaming Video & TVs 5
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 2