Feds Abused Privacy by Storing Body Scan Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

cletus_slackjawd

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2006
Errosion of constitutional rights (4th ammendment)The Fourth Amendment (Amendment IV) to the United States Constitution is the part of the Bill of Rights which guards against unreasonable searches and seizures. The amendment specifically also requires search and arrest warrants be judicially sanctioned and supported by probable cause.

vectorm12

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
is it just me or didn't they previously claim that these machines where "incapable" of storing said images? Seems to me it's just another wave of BS to wash up on shore for everyone to see.

technogiant

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2007
OMG...someones got a strange unidentifiable picture of my peewee...rofl...SOOO...post it on the internet...jerk off over it...see if I give a monkeys nuts

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
I knew it wouldn't take long for something like this to happen.
What I would like to know however is what use is it for any federal organization to keep the body scans in the first place?
Assuming those kept are simply random people.

As for the court case I have a pretty good idea whats to come of it. Absolutely nothing! These things will continue to be put into airports and whether publicly known or not they will keep records if they wish. We live in a society that puts "national security" before the rights of the people while failing to realize that without our rights we wouldn't have a nation worth defending in the first place.

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

-Benjamin Franklin

technogiant

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2007
Who in their right mind did not think these would be kept? If a plane blew up mid atlantic do you not think they would want to refer back to these images of the passengers boarding the flight?
Grow up this is the real world and its a dangerous place.

JPForums

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2007
Who in their right mind did not think these would be kept? If a plane blew up mid atlantic do you not think they would want to refer back to these images of the passengers boarding the flight?

Little late to arrest the guy at that point don't you think.

I remember reading comments when this first hit that this would never happen and if it did, people would be outraged and stand up against it. Well, it happened. Unfortunately the extent of the outrage seems to be the very people who were outraged in the first place.
The only comment of merit for these scanners is that the increased security is worth the loss of privacy. Actual effectiveness aside I'll refer you to NuclearShadow's comments above. These scanners shouldn't have been implemented in the first place.

G

Is anyone surprised? You give government authority and they inevitably abuse it. Thats why in order to preserve freedom government should be given as few powers as possible.

mrface

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2002
[citation][nom]randomizer[/nom]It's dangerous to be a law-abiding citizen, yes.[/citation]

I agree completely...

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
To everyone that doesn't care what happens to those images, probably because they're very comfortable with their own anatomy, not because they are really concerned with transportation security, just see how you feel when you finally realize that your loved ones will be subjected to the same privacy invasion.
Just a thought...

spartanii

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2008
Why store them? What good would it do? I think thats the most important question, theres has got to be a good reason...maybe they are creating profiles on everyone and are including body scans in them along with all your other personal imformation. One go as far to say maybe they are developing system to identify people using you measurements from your body scans. If that were the case they could put up scanners everywhere like at airports and such have them linked to a central database of our "profiles" and you can be located and idenified just by walking through a door. If you were being hunted by the governemnt and you get rid of obvious ways of tracking you like cell phone and credit cards they could still track you just by walking into a building. They have similar systems with cameras but they require facial features this doesn't. Please tell me im not paranoid

maximiza

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2007
All this goverment can do is print and spend money and keep naked pictures of its citizens. Implosion immenent.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
ehh oh well. what can u do. I'm glad I don't really care. go ahead and scan me and post my naked x-rays everywhere. i'm not offended. I'm offended for other people, just not myself.

i mean, i use to like chinese food, but now i dont give a !@#$

spartanii

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2008
[citation][nom]maximiza[/nom]All this goverment can do is print and spend money and keep naked pictures of its citizens. Implosion immenent.[/citation]

LOL, I laugh because its true and because Ive gone MAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.