Feds to Carpathia Hosting: Hang on to the Megaupload Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
So if Carpathia can be sued, then any one hurt by a gun, knife, etc should be able to sue the company that made it.

This entire incident is fail after fail.

Someone end the RIAA and MPAA will you?

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
If I were carpathia, I would claim a large power outtage, because of funding issues, that crashed the servers, thus resulting in the total loss of their megauploads archive.

G

If I were Carpathia, I would submit a motion to the Court requesting that the U.S. Attorney kiss my ass.

igot1forya

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
Eating the costs incurred for storing crucial data since Megaupload was taken down is, he implied, a cost of doing business.
From a business standpoint, the data would be deleted effective immediately as it serves no business purpose any longer.

If I was Carpathia, I would shutter my doors ASAP and start another service next door and avoid the head-ache and legal troubles and get off the sinking ship! Their coming for you! RUN!

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
Carpathia should SHUT UP if they know what's good for them. They know what they were doing and if they piss off the FBI they'll just end up getting sued and taken out for being part of the illegal mess.

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
[citation][nom]igot1forya[/nom]From a business standpoint, the data would be deleted effective immediately as it serves no business purpose any longer. If I was Carpathia, I would shutter my doors ASAP and start another service next door and avoid the head-ache and legal troubles and get off the sinking ship! Their coming for you! RUN![/citation]Ha I get it, sinking ship, carpathia, sister ship of the Titanic.

G

[citation][nom]warezme[/nom]Ha I get it, sinking ship, carpathia, sister ship of the Titanic.[/citation]
Nope, you don't get it. RMS Carpathia's maiden voyage was 1903, 5 years before Titanic. Titanic's sister ships were the Olympia and Britannic. I know this because Wikipedia exists.

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
[citation][nom]andboomer[/nom]Nope, you don't get it. RMS Carpathia's maiden voyage was 1903, 5 years before Titanic. Titanic's sister ships were the Olympia and Britannic. I know this because Wikipedia exists.[/citation]Interesting, how about this - Douchebag: "Though the common douchebag thinks he is accepted by the people around him, most of his peers dislike him. He has an inflated sense of self-worth, compounded by a lack of social grace and self-awareness. He behaves inappropriately in public, yet is completely ignorant to how pathetic he appears to others." - I found that on the Urban Dictionary site.

G

[citation][nom]warezme[/nom]Interesting, how about this - Douchebag: "Though the common douchebag thinks he is accepted by the people around him, most of his peers dislike him. He has an inflated sense of self-worth, compounded by a lack of social grace and self-awareness. He behaves inappropriately in public, yet is completely ignorant to how pathetic he appears to others." - I found that on the Urban Dictionary site.[/citation]
A better response would have been to calmly point out that I made a mistake in my post poking fun at your lack of knowledge, i.e. that Carpathia's maiden voyage was nearly 9 years prior to Titanic's maiden voyage, not 5 years.

tk1138

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012
Stuff like this is why i support violent revolution against the us govt ....if i was the host company, i would just delete the data, and then if they came for me i would kill what ever federal goons they send....and this would be legal since defending one self from those who seek to infringe on your rights is a god given right...

storybookhero

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
How about stop stealing and all of this will go away. I like how everyone acts like it is perfectly ok to steal..yeah its the US government that's scumbags here. I hope they get rid of all these scumbag pirates so that the rest of us can go back enjoying the products we actually purchased.

G

FOLKS... THIS IS THE FUTURE OF COMPUTING... "CLOUD" COMPUTING IS A GIANT FAIL AND MEGAUPLOAD'S LAWSUIT IS THE PRIME OUTSTANDING EXAMPLE OF WHY "CLOUD" COMPUTING IS A JOKE...

storybookhero

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
[citation][nom]DAVROSYD[/nom]FOLKS... THIS IS THE FUTURE OF COMPUTING... "CLOUD" COMPUTING IS A GIANT FAIL AND MEGAUPLOAD'S LAWSUIT IS THE PRIME OUTSTANDING EXAMPLE OF WHY "CLOUD" COMPUTING IS A JOKE...[/citation]

I agree that cloud computing is a negative thing and that if it comes down to it most of us will just keep using older operating systems or flee to distributions of Linux that do not include it. The Megaupload ordeal is not an example though.. They were allowing its end users to upload copyrighted material which is stealing when you think about it. I don't know the exact percentage but I would bet that most of it's users weren't hosting legal material at all.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]storybookhero[/nomThey were allowing its end users to upload copyrighted material which is stealing when you think about it. I don't know the exact percentage but I would bet that most of it's users weren't hosting legal material at all.[/citation]

How are they suppose to check every file uploaded and see who is downloading them to know if it was copyrighted?

Again, if they can get it trouble for this then I should be able to go after companies that make guns, knifes or anything else I get attacked with if I ever do.

G

[citation][nom]Kami3k[/nom]Again, if they can get it trouble for this then I should be able to go after companies that make guns, knifes or anything else I get attacked with if I ever do.[/citation]
If you ever attack me, I'm going to file suit against FSM for bringing you into existence with His noodly appendage.

Status
Not open for further replies.