Solved! files not supported

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 22, 2019
I have a LG K20 plus. In my file manager i have alot of files in folders that say " can't open files not supported", what does this mean? And can delete them? Can someone please help me? Thank you.

Solution

If you don't know what you are doing and what exactly those files and folders are, don't delete things. You don't open your car hood and start tearing out parts and wires to make the car lighter do you? Same thing here. If you need more space, uninstall some apps, install an SD card and copy your videos and photos to that.
It means that they are not files that you can open. Either you don't have an app that opens said files, you are trying to open files that can't run on an Android device, or you are trying to access files which may be needed by the phone or an app or two and you are restricted from accessing them.

It will really depend on what the files are. The names and extensions. One can't know if they are delectable without more info.

Jan 22, 2019
I thank you, i really appreciate.you explaining this to me because i don't know too much about I'm guessing technology. Anyways , the reason for all of this is because i needed to free up space. So i shouldn't delete any of files?

If you don't know what you are doing and what exactly those files and folders are, don't delete things. You don't open your car hood and start tearing out parts and wires to make the car lighter do you? Same thing here. If you need more space, uninstall some apps, install an SD card and copy your videos and photos to that.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.