Final desicion

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Kaldor

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
Not a bad deal really. Even though I hate Dell with a passion.....

Myself, Id wait a few months, and save my money. Sager is supposed to be working on getting the 9800's in the laptops. In that time ATI could have a decent mobile solution out there too.

Zorg

Distinguished
May 31, 2004
It looks like a good deal. I must say I'm not necessarily a high end notebook fan, they are too costly. If you want the mobility and aren't worried about the battery, then it looks good to me.

theworminator

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
That configuration for the M1730 does look very good, the only thing I'm worried about is the Dell Customer Service, mostly on a pricey item like that. I'm sure the laptop itself is ok, but with the heat accumulating from all the parts, there is a higher chance of failure, and Dell isn't known for it's great CS.

cjl

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
Actually, Dell has a dedicated XPS support line that is the best customer service I have ever seen. Yes, their normal support sucks, but the XPS support is amazing, and this is an XPS product :)

nukemaster

Distinguished
I have only been hearing good things about Dell customer service lately(strange as it sounds). I think they realized that if they dont stand behind it, customers will not buy it.

theworminator

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
Sweet, I'm not slamming Dell (though I still don't completely trust them), but maybe they're improving their customer support, which will be good for the slice of consumers that still buy Dells. Good things to hear, hopefully they keep improving, along with Alienware.

As for the XPS support, I heard that they had it, but I've also heard some stories that they were (maybe at first) just as bad as their normal support. Again, good that they've gotten better at it.

Well mate i just dont know what happened,my mother told me he will give me $600 and so i will get the SAGER!!!!!!!!!!!!

17" 1920x1200 resolution
Q6700
4GB DDR2 800 RAM
2x8800MGTX
320GB 5400 HDD(Well i have heard its as fast as a 200GB 7200RPM)

Oh i can believe it !!!! I will order it tonight and i am very happy,i was really worried about the Dell because u cant upgrade it like SAGER, also i choosed Q6700 because it was the best price/perfmance CPU between E8400,Q6600,Q6700, i downclocked my E6600@ 3.2 to 2.4 and i did some photoshop tasks and gaming, and i really didn't notice a difference,so i will go for Q6700.

Thanks for all the help again And if u have any last recommendations i am glad to hear it