Final Fantasy XIII Eng. Trailer and Theme Song

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steelbox

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
The world is getting up side down, Square-Enix launching a full fledged Final Fantasy title for another system if not sony, why not releasing it for wii to?

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
[citation][nom]steelbox[/nom]...why not releasing it for wii to?[/citation]

Because it requires you to pay attention for longer than 30 seconds, thus eliminating 95% of Wii owners.

HolyCrusader

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2006
Having played Final Fantasy games since the very first, I honestly am not really that enthusiastic about #13 coming up. Although I enjoyed #7, it was very predictable in certain places, a trend that's gotten worse with subsequent games. #12 felt a little refreshing, in that it introduced a new exploration//combat system & a slightly less-predictable story, but even that one I got bored with about half-way through. All of the latter games, however, have had this silly little mini-game for leveling-up your characters - little games that are fun for the first few minutes, but really get annoying when you're trying to level-up your characters in a specific way.

I guess I just prefer RPG's more open-ended style gameplay, like Morrowind/Oblivion, the Fallout series, Baldur's Gate/Shadows of Amn, or Mass Effect just to name a few.

cybrcatter

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
[citation][nom]steelbox[/nom]The world is getting up side down, Square-Enix launching a full fledged Final Fantasy title for another system if not sony, why not releasing it for wii to?[/citation]

Riiight. It would take 2 Wii's to render the polygons, 1 for the textures, 2 for post-processing, and another for everything else.
Though I could be overestimating the Wii's power, it might take a few more ;)

ErrolDC

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
Umm.. let's not forget about Vagrant Story. They [Square-Enix] are idiots! The focus so much on FF that they deny other hit titles like VG a change to flourish and live on through sequels, prequels or alternate universes.

Blessedman

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
The only question I have for people saying it's on Xbox as well, how many disc is the xbox version? How many times do I need to swap disc? Or is it just not as HiDef?

Status
Not open for further replies.