Final Fantasy XIII Release Date Announced

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

onsiteone

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
beautiful girl... er, game. last time i played FF was part 1 on nes and part 3 on snes. i think ff1 was the first rpg i ever played. love seeing how this game continues to evolve. too bad i aint gots time to play rpgs anymore. >_

Andraxxus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
...Looks at picture ...O.O... and they wonder why some would want to date game girls.It's so long since i've played a FF game why don't they re-release some of the old ones? ...Sigh...

G

Was the author of the article one those people who believes the game was delayed because of the announcement of the 360 version? You will not have to wait for it to be "ported to 360" because its allready running perfectly on 360. I played it a week ago. They have a seperate team working on the ps3 and 360 version, therefore theres no "port"ing being done, its being developed side by side.

trinix

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2007
Too bad everyone always say this is the best RPG game there is. It's a good game, but the best RPG? It's just a story driven game and people who believe this is the best, should go to the stores and pick one of the other games in the genre.

If I had a ps3 I would get the japanese dub with english sub version, but alas no ps3 and no desire to buy one. No 360 either, so won't get it on that platform either. Maybe if they released it on the pc, it would be worth my time.

backbydemand

Distinguished
May 26, 2008
Is it just me or should Final Fantasy drop the numeric sequels format?

For example, the Need For Speed franchise is flogging the proverbial dead horse in the profligacy of it's sequels but they have gone with a naming system, like NFS Most Wanted or NFS Carbon, etc etc.

The IP holders of Final Fantasy, really, you need to work on having a bit more imagination and when Final Fantasy XIV comes around get with the program and call it something more imaginative, it's not like they are running out of ideas for content so why is a name so hard?

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
[citation][nom]master exon[/nom]I played FF1 and Dragon Warrior 1. Pretty cool games. I couldn't play anymore after that because I always feel like I'm playing the same shit over and over again.[/citation]

FF1 and Dragon Warroir 1 are pretty old games you should give them another try and see the differances.

ssalim

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2007
She's a beauty. Is that an in-game or just trailer/clip-in-game? I haven't played FF games except FF5 and I didn't even finish it. I did finish Lufia 1 and 2 though.

G

*sigh* Getting tired of all the FF7 lovers...everyone's forgotten about the superior FF2/4 and FF3/6 sprite-based games.

FF7 was garbage IMO. Blurry gouraud shaded graphics, stupid scewed-perspective screens and only 3 character party combat compared to FF 2's 5 and FF3's 4. The story was okay, but not as great as the rabid fans proclaim.

This series is dead and flooded with too many rabid fans who can't/won't let it get out of its mired mediocrity, same as happen with any series which becomes a hit, its fans smother it to death.

fracture

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
[citation][nom]master exon[/nom]I played FF1 and Dragon Warrior 1. Pretty cool games. I couldn't play anymore after that because I always feel like I'm playing the same shit over and over again.[/citation]

You must of quit playing any FPS games after the first Wolfenstein and quit playing RTS after Warcraft 1 too. Because those genres are basically the same thing over and over again. Did you quit life too because it's the same over and over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.