Final Fantasy XIV Coming to X360, PC

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
There were already expectations that FFXIV would be PC and Xbox360... dating way way way back. The first mentions of FFXIV going to the 360 were back in 2007 for fuck sake. PC? Well, rumors went back pretty far, but the PC BETA that showed up over a month ago should have been obvious enough.

Seriously, Kevin, you need to try a little harder. This is a pretty pathetic article dude.

The "lackluster" comment was also pretty unnecessary. You obviously don't know a damn thing about FFXI or its spiritual successor, FFXIV, so keep you uninformed personal opinion out of it. Sometimes I wish Toms would just replace you, man. You screw up quite a lot.

G

OK Wow will fall to Star Wars The old republic when it comes out and star trek will become the number two mmo because there are more Trekkie fans in America then there are wow based subscriptions, and if ff-xiv doesn't fail it my take star treks spot as number two...and if you ask how do you figure star wars will beat out wow simply because its a much bigger franchise and is being made by one of the best game development company the world has ever seen... AKA Bio Ware you know the company that had almost if not every single one of there games perfect on release...

BluntObjection

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2009
[citation][nom]cj_online[/nom]Godamnit.. another PS3 exclusive gone... wtf is Sony doing... first MGS, then Tekken, and now Final Fantasy....[/citation]

Adapting, cross-platforming will draw in that much more money in game sales and subscriptions. Larger companies are finally realizing that nobody is going to buy 3 different 300+ dollar consoles or PC upgrades. All to play a single 60$ game.

cj_online

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2008
See that's where you're wrong, i agree that obviously multiplatforming reduces the sales of games, but no many ppl DO buy 2 if not all 3 consoles to play select exclusive games. Besides, PS3 exclusives lose their graphical features when multiplatformed... ie Tekken.. would be much better looking had it been an exclusive.

eccentric909

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
[citation][nom]cj_online[/nom]See that's where you're wrong, i agree that obviously multiplatforming reduces the sales of games, but no many ppl DO buy 2 if not all 3 consoles to play select exclusive games.[/citation]

Multi-platform games increase sales, not reduce. And not as many people as you think buy more than one console... most people are happy with just one console and maybe a PC.

[citation][nom]cj_online[/nom]
Besides, PS3 exclusives lose their graphical features when multiplatformed... ie Tekken.. would be much better looking had it been an exclusive.[/citation]

Speculation. Let's not tout opinion as fact, k?

eccentric909

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
[citation][nom]falchard[/nom]What I think will be the surprise is how they will manage to get an mmo to run on a system with 256MB of ram. MMOs hit hard on ram and processor.[/citation]

The 360 has 512MB of ram to work with, the PS3 256MB.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
AKA Bio Ware you know the company that had almost if not every single one of there games perfect on release...
Do you need to be reminded of the all the bufs KOTOR had on release? Or the crappy ending of KOTOR2 because Bioware was pushed to release the game on a deadline?

I like it when people make their predictions like they're hard facts and how they blow up in their faces afterwards. Age of Conan, Warhammer, Lord of the Rings, Aion... However, I do hope The Old Republic succeeds cause I've been dying for a good Star Wars MMO for years.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
[citation][nom]Eccentric909[/nom]The 360 has 512MB of ram to work with, the PS3 256MB.[/citation]

Wasn't refering to the XBox360. I was refering to mmo gaming on consoles.

cj_online

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2008
[citation][nom]Eccentric909[/nom]Multi-platform games increase sales, not reduce. And not as many people as you think buy more than one console... most people are happy with just one console and maybe a PC.Speculation. Let's not tout opinion as fact, k?[/citation]
Yea that's what i meant... Multiplatforming increases sales..

Oh and about the graphical features... plz dont act like a gruntled 360 fanboy.. PS3 is better in terms of graphics than the 360. Look at Uncharted 2... Killzone 2... and upcoming Heavy Rain. Uncharted 2 looks much better than any console game ever made.. yes including crappy Halo. Simply put, the PS3 has the capability to deal better with shaders and textures than the 360.

Had Tekken 6 been PS3 only, they wouldn't have to compromise on the game's features just cuz the 360 is incapable of running them either due to lack of power and/or the size (DVD < BluRay). With multiplatforming, they still make one version (making 2 completely separate versions from scratch would cost em a fortune) but have to compromize due to the 360 inability to run games to their utmost ability like PS3.

Now stop arguying about the ram since PS3 has cores to do all the work 8 cores vs 3 cores on the 360.. no1 gives a shit about 256 or 512MB ram.

Osiapstndp

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2008
FFXI was lackluster? Really? Yeah, it isn't popular AT ALL and no one plays it. You actually said FFXI is lackluster. Wow. That is complete and total BS. Please research what you're talking about before you post. I can't believe you put that thought to text.

cj_online

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2008
[citation][nom]Osiapstndp[/nom]FFXI was lackluster? Really? Yeah, it isn't popular AT ALL and no one plays it. You actually said FFXI is lackluster. Wow. That is complete and total BS. Please research what you're talking about before you post. I can't believe you put that thought to text.[/citation]
Is that directed towards me ? cuz i didnt say jack about Final Fantasy.. except that it should NOT be multiplatformed.

oren

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
[citation][nom]cj_online[/nom]Is that directed towards me ? cuz i didnt say jack about Final Fantasy.. except that it should NOT be multiplatformed.[/citation]

Read the article again...

FTA: "As a follow-up to the lackluster Final Fantasy XI MMOG,..."

Status
Not open for further replies.