FINALLY: Apple Announces Event for January 27

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamezrp

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2009
If it were an iphone thing, then it would be Verizon, not Sprint. But it's not iPhone season (that's summer), so don't bet on it. New product most likely, expected to be a tablet PC. In any case, I might fly up there and see. More info on that as it comes...

edlivian

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
[citation][nom]jamezrp[/nom]If it were an iphone thing, then it would be Verizon, not Sprint. But it's not iPhone season (that's summer), so don't bet on it. New product most likely, expected to be a tablet PC. In any case, I might fly up there and see. More info on that as it comes...[/citation]

rumor is apple is pissed about verizon's iphone bashing in the commercials, and they are offering the spot to Sprint to spit on verizon's face.

sstym

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
[citation][nom]edlivian[/nom]rumor is apple is pissed about verizon's iphone bashing in the commercials, and they are offering the spot to Sprint to spit on verizon's face.[/citation]

Apple is not very likely to "spit on Verizon's face" or anyone's. They're profit driven and will do what's best for the company's business interests. If they end up adding Sprint as a network for the iPhone instead of Verizon, that's because they think it's best for their business.
I still think they'll choose Verizon.

edlivian

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2009
[citation][nom]sstym[/nom]Apple is not very likely to "spit on Verizon's face" or anyone's. They're profit driven and will do what's best for the company's business interests. If they end up adding Sprint as a network for the iPhone instead of Verizon, that's because they think it's best for their business.I still think they'll choose Verizon.[/citation]

to be honest, they should be more like RIM now, and whore themselves out to entire market. Thats the best financial move, no other manufacturer picks and choses a single carrier.

G

@drip50291: your mother sucks cocks. Wow, I can be a useless noncontributing toolbag too!

cybrcatter

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
A little part of me hopes they do, just to get it over with. A bigger part of me hopes Apple just uses this event to drum up a whole butt-load of attention for nothing more than upgraded MacBooks featuring Intel's Westemere 32nm chips.

I don't how to say this without sounding rude, but I'm really just looking for news in the news section, and not what you're hoping for (which was a significant portion of this article).
I mean no disrespect, its just not the right outlet.

G

Why would hope for Apple to not bring something new? Regardless if you are an Apple fan or not innovation is a good thing for us all so it seems to be that.

A. You're being a Troll trying to get attention.
B. You wish us all back in the dark ages most likely thinking that fire and the wheel is the creation of Satan.

I'm betting A is the answer which just makes you another sign of how Tom's have been going downhill since it multi-national.

Feel free to prove me wrong.

idisarmu

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2008
[citation][nom]deanjo[/nom]I'm just waiting for Apple to release a iPhone shuffle. Shake and dial someone at random.[/citation]

lol. That would only be good if all you do is drunk-dial.

Status
Not open for further replies.