Solved! Finding replacement/upgrade for seemingly obscure MSI laptop battery

hhill19

Estimable
Apr 5, 2015
I have an MSI laptop that burns through my battery charge very fast, as in almost prohibitively fast (around 2 hours), so I am looking to get a higher capacity replacement if possible. Trouble is, it seems like the particular battery model I have is rather obscure.

I would really prefer to simply replace the battery and not have to buy a whole new laptop just to get a longer charge. The battery model I have is MSI PC-VP-BP77, with a 48840 mWh capacity. Any and all advive is appreciated.

Solution
If this is a gaming MSI laptop and you are actually using it for gaming or with constant use, 2 hours is probably very normal. It is not likely you will find a larger capacity battery, and if you do happen to find one rated higher, I would not get it since it is likely a Chinese copy that will be much worse than the original.
If this is a gaming MSI laptop and you are actually using it for gaming or with constant use, 2 hours is probably very normal. It is not likely you will find a larger capacity battery, and if you do happen to find one rated higher, I would not get it since it is likely a Chinese copy that will be much worse than the original.

Solution