Question Fire Stick on home ethernet network

Jan 24, 2020
This has me baffled, probably because I know a little more than enough to be dangerous regarding networking.

This is how my network is setup

Cable internet going into an On-Q box with an On-Q switch, everything eventually connects to it. All rooms have a network plug at each tv location (along with a coax and electric outlet), mounted high so tv's can be on the wall and no wires exposed. Every plug is an individual run from the plug to the switch. All wired 568b

If the fire stick is plugged into the router which provides my wifi network then it runs on the wired network but through the router. If I plug the tv into the wall outlet it connects to the wired network. If I plug the fire stick into the same wall outlet as what worked with the tv the fire stick will not connect to the wired network.

I am using the amazon adapter to utilize a hard wired network. My goal is to put as much of the traffic as I can on the wired network and keep it off the wifi

What am I missing here?

Jan 24, 2020
Originally I needed it to be configured like this...

cable modem to gigabit switch (yes with power supply) to ON-Q enclosure with On-Q gigabit switch (also with power supply) then out to each network jack in the house. I don't need that configuration anymore so I moved the cable modem to the On-Q enclosure and it now plugs into the On-Q switch directly.

I did get one of them to work, however still having problems with other jacks. I'm starting to think the switch is the problem. Now, I have one of the jacks where only one green light on the switch is lit up and no connection to the firestick. I havent checked to see what happens if I plug it into the tv

Jan 24, 2020
The switch is LeGrand DA1008, I think it has a couple bad ports. I moved the cable that goes to my office to one of the ports in question to test and the lights didn't light up. I think I got the one firestick to connect by inadvertently moving it to a different port on the switch. The baffling one is the one that only one light lights up, I have a tester and it shows everything is making good connection, I've tested and swapped cables with no change.

Jan 24, 2020
Just tested that one in question by plugging directly into the tv, in the tv settings it can see that it has a network cable connected to it but is unable to connect to the internet.