First iPhone 4 Camper Already Appears in Dallas

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
[citation][nom]nekatreven[/nom]rofl...I know exactly where this is; I work about 10 miles from there. I've always thought it was funny (as I drove by and looked in at the overpriced goods and the sheep inside) how little this brick and mortar store looks like the all glass-wall ones they like to put in their brochures. Because that brown building in the right of the image is the store.[/citation]
lol... I was wondering about that. The exterior isn't like any Apple store I've ever seen.

jaysbob

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2010
[citation][nom]nekatreven[/nom]that brown building in the right of the image is the store.[/citation]

makes me nostalgic. thats the way old school apple stores used to look. generally in the most out of the way hard to find corners of industrial parks and the fringes of retail outlets. back when apples came in a beige plastic chasis like every other computer. Didn't know there were any of these dinky little places left.

G

Are there any Apple stores in England, i must find one now and go camp outside.

Woops i forgot, day Apple anounced Iphone4, I read the info and went and purchased a HTC Desire :D

blurr91

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2004
It would be cool if he gets the first iPhone 4, and then smashes it on the sidewalk outside the store to show everyone that he can.

Also...no job, iPhone 4, camping for a week, lots of electronics to keep him company? What the hell am I doing here working? Oh right...someone has to pay for his iPhone 4.

nforce4max

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
I feel sorry for this one, I live south of Dallas in Waco and having lived a few years in Dallas. I'll say this it gets HOT during the summer. Nothing like 63 days last year with 100+ daily highs and no rain for two months straight on top of high humidity from the Gulf. He should get this one for free simply by camping out in the heat as he has done thus far.

micky_lund

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]asdf234234quantum[/nom]"but since I do not work due to the fact I am disabled with a seizure disorder and I am not in school at the point, I figure I just make it a fun experience and do it for a week"Explains why he's camping at the Apple store...[/citation]
OH SNAP
most other people have jobs tho, and brains

christopherknapp

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]And let the Apple/AT&T haters commence to hate in written form....For the record Im switching to Verizon next month and the HUGE and FAST DROID X, 4.4 inch screen, so long Iphone 32gb 3GS its been fun, so disapointed with the new Iphone 4.[/citation]

It's actually only a 4.3" screen, and the screen sucks actually.

Disappointed? Why because it doesn't contain a small hard drive?

I think it is hilarious that all of the Droid fanboys simply jump on the bandwagon because a few specifications seem to "top" what Apple offers. Look at the phone, look at the OS of the phone, look at the intuitiveness of the phone ... there is nothing like the iPhone4, yet.

The only bad thing that the iPhone4 has going for it ... the AT&T service.

lashton

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
dead god toms tell us how much apple pay you to bring us this crappy apple news, you site is riddled with it, I think its time to goto anandtech.com they dont have as much its sickening toms!

kalogagatya

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]"The Apple staff have been very nice to me, treating me like a king!"That's what pickpockets would do too. They distract you from your wallet.[/citation]

that made my day :)

G

"costumer"? Is he wearing a costume? Maybe the author meant customer LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.