Flashing desktop screen

Malko1

Estimable
Feb 3, 2016
6 month old dell inspiron 17 5000 when I close the laptop the screen flashes even after it is closed it keeps on flashing. How can I stop this? Can not close it and have it go to sleep.

Hi,

When it flashes does it still have the desktop screen on it or does it flashes while there's a black screen? Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Do uninstall/reinstall the graphics card driver.
- In Device Manager uninstall the graphics card driver.
- Check in Programs and Features as well if there's anything related to your graphics card then uninstall it.
- Next is to download and install the latest driver from the manufacturers site.
- After installing the latest driver reboot your laptop for all the changes to take effect.
- Do test your laptop after the reboot and see if the same problem will persist or not.

Malko1

Estimable
Feb 3, 2016

Malko1

Estimable
Feb 3, 2016
Thanks for getting back to me. When flashing the desktop screen is there, no black or blue screen. Have checked and up graded the drivers already. Did not make any difference still flashing the same as before. I can put it to sleep or hibernate from the (settings) power on the right side with no problem, and it will sleep after the time allotment and can be closed than without flashing.