Solved! Fluid 65" UHD LED TV display issue only on an input

May 8, 2019
Hello everyone,

I have this display issue on my parents TV. It's showing green/black squares everywhere on the screen, but only when an input is trying to display content. The problem does not appear when we browse the TV menus or when powering on the TV and the brand logo comes up.

I'm willing to try to fix it as it's out of warranty. I looked online and there are local shops that carry parts for it I'm just trying to figure out when it's coming from as parts are not refundable if it's the wrong one.

TV is a Fluid 65" UHD LED TV
UPC: 741235031277
Manufacturer’s Part Number: LE-65GW280-A5

I have tried Coax, Component, VGA and HDMI and they all have the same issue. I have also tried to leave it unplugged a few days but to no avail.

Here's what the issue looks like
xJZU3XV.jpg

Thank you everyone in advance and sorry if I posted my question in a wrong way it's my first time asking on here, always been getting the info I needed but this one I'm not sure where to start.

daLight

Solution
should be a faulty component on the mainboard, where all the inputs are on

or a bad connection between the mainboard and another board
May 8, 2019
should be a faulty component on the mainboard, where all the inputs are on

or a bad connection between the mainboard and another board

Thanks the board with all the inputs was the faulty component, I started by ordering the cables because they were only $20 vs $160 for the board... Cables replacement had the same problem so I ordered the board and now it's working A1

Thanks to everyone!!

May 8, 2019
Some TVs only have a single board so without knowing how the TV is designed you can't tell which board is the problem.
It may be more economical to get the TV to authorized service that has the boards in stock. Paying a tech may be cheaper than buying boards that you can't return.

Thanks, even though you were right about the non returnable boards I took the risk and it paid off nicely!

Thank you!