Solved! For the garage, do I want a tablet or smartphone

mike the car guy

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
I'm a PC guy, I spend a lot of time on the desktop, and have a laptop for travel. But the garage, I usually have my phone, an old iphone, which kind of serves the purpose, very kind of in the garage, but for light internet, an occasional how to video, and mostly music from either my collection or streaming, what would you folks recommend? I've thought about a laptop, but it's really too big, I'm of course well familiar with a phone and it's limitations, but I've never used a tablet. Yes I'm cheap, $100 range. I'm also not a kid so even with reading glasses, a 4.5" screen isn't optimum, even though I don't want anything big. So what is the most bang for the buck and any thoughts about what I would like or hate and why?

Thanks!

Solution
Well you pretty much stated you need a larger screen, so get a tablet. It's also easier to use without setting it up with a phone plan service since many are WiFi only.

Samsung Tab A7 is on sale now for $120, at least at Best Buy, has about a 9" screen. I would avoid any of the generic cheap tables you may find, those have really bad reliability.

Fire tablets from Amazon are also good, especially if you use their services like Music, Prime, etc... , 10" version starts are a bit over 100 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BX7FV5L/ref=pav_d_fromAsin_B08F6FYN6B_toAsin_B08BX7FV5L

Once you get past 7-10" screens the prices tend to jump up to well past 100 unless you look for used stuff.
Well you pretty much stated you need a larger screen, so get a tablet. It's also easier to use without setting it up with a phone plan service since many are WiFi only.

Samsung Tab A7 is on sale now for $120, at least at Best Buy, has about a 9" screen. I would avoid any of the generic cheap tables you may find, those have really bad reliability.

Fire tablets from Amazon are also good, especially if you use their services like Music, Prime, etc... , 10" version starts are a bit over 100 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BX7FV5L/ref=pav_d_fromAsin_B08F6FYN6B_toAsin_B08BX7FV5L

Once you get past 7-10" screens the prices tend to jump up to well past 100 unless you look for used stuff.

Solution