Forget canceling Netflix, here are two streaming services I'd cancel this month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 30, 2022
Okay so I'm guessing this is supposed to be clickbait (just go with me) but there's that moment when you go further down the rabbit hole when you find gold. Watch out kids! This content is the real deal. Is it that hard to cancel or renew a subscription? No. With full apologies to anyone I've ever argued with on this subject. Peace and Love. You were right!

Tanquen

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
They all deserve to be canceled with the high prices and poor quality of service.

Requirement number one for any streaming service that wants my money. Let me flipping hide and delete shows that I do not want or never will want to watch.

Requirement number two for any streaming service that wants my money. Let me flipping hide or delete shows that I've already seen.

Requirement number three for any streaming service that wants my money. Let me select shows that I want to watch à la carte for a smaller fee.

May 1, 2022
If your a Star Trek fan or into Sci Fi. You might want to subscribe to Paramount+ with Star Trek Strange New Worlds and the rest of Halo with only a price of 4.99 a month.

Moose and Squirrel

Banned
BANNED
Mar 12, 2022
Apple tv+ is just okay if you like a certain type of content. Just didn't work for me longer than a few months. Some good movies, a few good series.

Disney and paramount seem to keep pushing out content that I like.

Folks who feel they NEED netflix content should consider the basic $10/mo plan. IIRC it's only 720p. Still looks good. Who else charges for 1080p or 4k? Nobody.

May 1, 2022
You cancel Netflix on principles.

Apple TV, peacock, and Fox go is where I get my baseball....so I have no idea why this guy is fixating on TV programs and ignoring sports. I assume its because HE doesnt care for sports so the thought never fell on to his radar.

Disney is a grandparents and a parent with toddlers dream. Again, Moon knight, Obiwan...his desires are reflected, not other peoples.

It all seems like poor advice, while trying to retain Netflix subs? It all seems suspect.

I clipped my Netflix due to their behavior and their plans moving forward. They played hard, offered more, gobble, gobble, and now want to pass the backlash on to customers to retain margins, and im not having that.

Maybe the title should be "Why I prefer A,B,C" and not what it is as it seems more of a guy trying to convince other people that his reasonings are valid enough that they should try them as well

May 1, 2022
If you really want to save money, subscribe to one or two services for a month or two and binge watch your shows on that service. After that cancel and subscribe to different services and repeat the process. If you're into sports then you're up the creek, unless you can get your games with an antenna.

Moose and Squirrel

Banned
BANNED
Mar 12, 2022
If you really want to save money, subscribe to one or two services for a month or two and binge watch your shows on that service. After that cancel and subscribe to different services and repeat the process. If you're into sports then you're up the creek, unless you can get your games with an antenna.

I see some of the streaming services have a cut-off date for some shows now.

Was just watching Better Call Saul on AMC+, and those shows appear to be 'available' for just another month.

Status
Not open for further replies.