Forgot admin password and cant log on to my lenovo t500

Status
Not open for further replies.

cass01forever

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
i forgot my password to my lenovo t500 and now cant get into anything so i would really like some help if anyone out there knws please

ujaansona

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2009
Assuming you're using Windows XP/Vista/7
1)Start PC.
2)After POST screen press F8 before the Windows splash screen.
3)Chose SAFE MODE.
4)Go to computer management (right click on computer-> click manage) & reset administrator account password.
This requires you to have another account on the same computer.

If it does not work, you may try one of these methods listed here http://4sysops.com/archives/three-ways-to-reset-a-windows-vista-admin-password/

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

We don't give password advice here in case we help someone hack someone else's computer. Your best route is to take the machine to a professional computer fixer, along with some positive proof of ownership, and pay to have the system opened.

An admin password only works on the system's Administrator account - not the User Accounts. It is extremely rare for anyone to forget a password they need every time they log in.

ujaansona

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2009
Ignoring for the moment - as you already have - the problem over Forum Rules on password help

Tom's Hardware Rules of Conduct

Don't...

Ask for help pirating, cracking passwords, or bypassing copyright protection

According to Tom's Hardware Rules of Conduct, I strongly disagree that recovering/resetting forgotten password falls on the same category as pirating/cracking passwords.

Status
Not open for further replies.