format alcatel sd card

Dave_116

Commendable
Nov 2, 2016
Alcatel pop 4 insisted on formatting my 64gb sd card within its own system. Now want to recover this sd card for generic use and even windows wont format it in disk manager?!! (option not available even thogh recognised in sd slot (not via phone!)
What the heck has alcatel done to corrupt this sd card and make it unusable?
I am tech support but this has blown me!

Solution
Was the card set as "Internal" storage on the phone? If so, that is your problem. You would need to put it back in the phone and have the phone reset it to "External" storage. And any data on it would be lost.

The only way to keep any of the data, which would not include apps, would be to (before you change it to "External" again) connect the phone via USB to a computer and copy the files over to a folder on the computer. Then do as I said above, and the card should be ok now.
Was the card set as "Internal" storage on the phone? If so, that is your problem. You would need to put it back in the phone and have the phone reset it to "External" storage. And any data on it would be lost.

The only way to keep any of the data, which would not include apps, would be to (before you change it to "External" again) connect the phone via USB to a computer and copy the files over to a folder on the computer. Then do as I said above, and the card should be ok now.

Solution