Former Bank of America Worker Stole from ATMs

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

masop

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2006
[citation][nom]STravis[/nom]To those asking about the $5K - there's a limit below which the FBI won't waste their time (not sure if it's 5k or 2k) but obviously this guy was above it.[/citation]

The general rule of thumb is the FBI won't get involved unless it is OVER $50k, at least in fraud cases, from what the FBI told me at the time (almost 10 yrs ago). I was a "near-victim" of a fraud attempt once and the total was $5,000 and they wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole, same with the local and state authorities and the CIA. In my case, I got lucky and the bank got the $$$ back just in time. Go figure!

As far as misdemeanor and felony goes, if the dude nabbed more than $1,000 it is almost guaranteed to be a felony with potential prisonment. There may be exceptions in some states, as there are some weird laws out there, federal included.

babybeluga

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]Now, now. Let's not jump to conclusions just yet. We don't even have our jump to conclusions mat![/citation]

Epic.

ream

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
no one asks the system

it is those useless judges, lawyers and FBI agents who are going to make a living on those geniuses who are smart enough to write such programs.

Stealing from people is bad. But banks who rob you 365 days a year don't put a penny into improving their systems.

Such case as this one improves banking system. An evolution happens. They should not sentence him, really. He is the reason they are fed and paid. He is the reason, we are where we are now.

Thanks to bad guys who make us safer.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
They get the little guy, OK he stole but the really big guys rob from us all the time, especially the government and constantly get away with it. G20 summit full of these types. Man made global warming hoax tax, come on it is stealing your hard earned cash right in front of your eyes.

ream

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
@regulas

don't forget terrorists, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Bird flu, Swine Flu, Cockroach flu (next?).

Iraq's oil is stolen, 90% of Afghans now grow plants for Heroin, Iran is next.

Osama bin Laden probably a hoax too - they created him to have a "right" to invade anything in the middle east. Samolian pirates are probably paid to do the piracy. Soon the US will invade east Afrika.

ZOG is watching you.

Status
Not open for further replies.