Former Steam Manager Now Leading Windows Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Here's working undercover for Steam, first he tells them to shutdown GFWL then find another way to sink them. :p

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
i see this as bad for the gaming community. at m$ he might help make a stronger windows gaming enviroment but that jsut means more DX titles and less of a move to opengl or somethign like that so we can escape m$ altogether

yobobjm

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012
The fact is, competition is a good thing. Origin and Uplay cannot stand on their own which leaves valve with almost a monopoly on the Pc gaming company.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Suggestion for Jason Holtman, if XB1 and Windows 8 are share core kernel then have any game bought digital only playable on both platforms. I play at home on the console then go round to a friends house, "hey dude, I can play this game on your XB1 too, but ohnoez you have a PC instead", but then you launch the Xbox App in W8, login with XBLive and can play on the PC too - finally unite the PC / console divide

BringMeAnother

Honorable
Apr 22, 2012
Why disagree to more competition? I mean if you don't want to split your library, keep buying from Steam exclusively. It's up to you. If Microsoft do manage to make their platform a major competitor, Steam would be forced to offer even better services and innovate more to stay in the game, so even if you wouldn't touch the Microsoft client with a ten feet pole, you'd still benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.