Solved! Forwarding image from tv to pc

Mar 13, 2019
Hi,
how can i achieve the following setup: PC1 outputs image to SINGLE MONITOR/TV and now i want to retrieve that image from the MONITOR/TV to PC2. PC1 should detect only single monitor and thats it, no splitters, capture cards or external hardware but that single monitor. Then i can process that image on PC2 without using external recording device. How can I output that pixel data from the monitor? Newer ones have an output port as well? Output from monitor to capture card to PC2? Thanks in advance :)

Solution
You will need a capture card on the second computer and connect PC1 video out to the second computer. You can't go from computer to monitor to another computer from the monitor. Some monitors have the ability to daisy chain display port connections, but that is to another monitor with display port. Since computer video cards don't have inputs, you need a capture card.
You will need a capture card on the second computer and connect PC1 video out to the second computer. You can't go from computer to monitor to another computer from the monitor. Some monitors have the ability to daisy chain display port connections, but that is to another monitor with display port. Since computer video cards don't have inputs, you need a capture card.

Solution