Forza 3 Xbox 360 Has 250 GB HDD Too

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tony_wilson

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
The 360 has a tri core proc from ibm. Nothing to write home about. Remember it has the power of, if its lucky, a laptop maybe. And graphics is a 512mb with not so hot hardware. A Pentium d around 2.8 was getting thrashed by amd dual core procs around the release of the 360. The 360 is nowhere nearly as powerful as a comp at the time of its release.

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
So you are saying that the 360 is a lot less powerful than my brother's pc, and yet my brother's pc gets outperformed by the 360?

I see you mentioned the power of the 360 being compared to a laptop. My laptop is just a year old, with an intel dual core @ 2.83 GHz with a 1066 FSB. It's also got 4 GB of ram, and a 512 Mb Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT (DDR2). My laptop also gets outperformed by the 360...

So there is no reason to get into some argument over which is more powerful (given the ability to upgrade a pc). My argument is just supporting what kal326 said. The xbox 360 has the ability to outperform machines with equal and in some cases better hardware due to it's highly optimized code. My evidence for this argument is just what I know about my 360 (based on what tony told me), my laptop, and my brother's pc.

Now if you want to spend decent money on current components, than sure the 360 will not be able to compete. But that is not the argument here.

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
I'm starting to regret buying the PS3 2 years ago in anticipation of GT5... it's still not out. I'd have Forza 2 and soon Forza 3. I really only bought the console for a racing sim. Uhg

G

Well of course a PC will get outperformed by a Console when in comes to graphics if you guys go that route. One has to understand that a computer runs hundreds of processes a minute and it has to startup and maintain an OS, mainly Windows. On top of that it has to run games? don't even compare the two. People who run Linux know how fast a PC can go, so if you take out all the processes and the fact that the PC has to maintain the OS, then just add that t runs games, it will smoke any console on the market. Fact remains that the OS and processes don't dissappear just because one plays a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.