Foxconn Is Working on Amazon's Smartphone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
good. amazon has a good habit of selling things cheaper than their worth and other unlocked phones are so damn expensive. I hope this phone is sold unlocked at a good price like the Fire was.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Amazon says that a phone that is made in the same factory as the iPhone, will rival the iPhone...Am I missing something?[/citation]Brace for Apple sue Amazon. ....

G

@christarp
hey guys slave labor.

thumbs up for you.
wouldn't that be embarrass if the chinese said hey still unemployment? need more food stamp?

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Amazon says that a phone that is made in the same factory as the iPhone, will rival the iPhone...Am I missing something?[/citation]

Foxconn is an assembly company that creates electronic devices for many companies. Apple is one of them but most assume they only work for Apple since most people are clueless. Then again who really cares...lol.

marclee37

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
the foxconn international mentioned above (listed in hk. 2038.hk) has nothing to do with the iphone production.
the parent company of foxconn international is hon hoi. hon hoi has some other "foxconn" companies under it, one (some) of it should be producing iphones.
foxconn international has been struggling for some years, because its biggest customer is nokia, nokia doesn't do well, the foxconn internationl wound not do well. the good sales of iphone have nothing to do with the foxconn international.
so if the above amazon phone news is real, it would be an excellent news for foxconninternational and its stock holders.

Status
Not open for further replies.