Freeze and Black screen with any games on my laptop

bokskhie14

Honorable
Jul 28, 2012
Hi Toms Hardware,

Im having a problem with my laptop, whenever i play games within 5 -10 mins of playing my screen gets frozen with black screen, and everything is unresponsive. I cant even use ctrl+alt+del options, so i have to hard reset my laptop.
BTW before it gets frozen my screen use to flicker a few times and then it goes...

It doesn't happen to me before and im using my laptop for more than a year now.
I have a feeling before that is is because of the windows update that I install a few days back. But i already tries using system restore and it doesn't solve the problem. Also i tried restoring my OS without deleting my files, still when i play games it goes black and frozen.

I'm not very good at computers so could you please help me on what to do here.

BTW here is the games i usually play.
Dota 2
NBA2k11

Also I'm using a Packard Bell EasyNote TJ75 laptop.

Jonnygee

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012

I dont claim to be a PC expert, but I had a similar problem that was being caused by something pretty simple. Your games will make your laptop run very hot, which is then dissipated by your coolers and fan. However over time dust gets clogged up in these things and they are unable to function as well. It could be that it is simply running too hot and shutting down. Mine would crash after about 20-30 minutes of playing games and I wondered what it was. I opened it up and the heat sink and fan were incredibly dust ridden (owned the laptop for about a year) After cleaning them out it worked perfectly. Give it a go! Good luck hope I help

bokskhie14

Honorable
Jul 28, 2012
I have check the temp and here is the samples.

Packard Bell EasyNot TJ75
TZS0 73­°C
TZS1 44°C
PCH 64°C
GMCH 70°C

Intel Core i5 460M
Core#0 77°c
Core#2 74°c

WDC WD50 00BEVT-22A0R
Assembly 42°C

Mobilty Radeon HD5650
Voltages
VIN0 1.00V
TMPIN0 61°C

its all I can do, I can't seem to attached a pic and when i save the data on HW monitor I cant understand so i just typed in the ones i see..

Hope this will help.

btw what's the ideal temperature for me to go on gaming again?

Tnx..

bokskhie14

Honorable
Jul 28, 2012
Mates,

I checked some sites about laptop temp and they say that its okay to have a 60-70 temp or until 80.. so i guess its not about the temp why my laptop is freezing and have a black screen.. do you have any ideas why is this happening and some probable solutions..
Thanks for the time..