Solved! Freezing screen with a weird noise

Apr 4, 2021
Hey i had this problem for the last 4 months , while using pc , the screen freezs and the computer starts to make a weird noise and i have no control , i'm wondering is it a hardware problem or another windows 10 software issue the laptop that i have is Dell inspiron 5520Photo of the problem that i have , thanks

Solution
If it only occurs when warmed up, that means it is more likely a hardware problem. If you are running the Dell diagnostic that is starting only after a reboot (not starting up as a Windows program) then you are running software that is totally distinct from the Windows install which would indicate that Windows software is not the issue. If it is a hardware problem, it could be the graphics chip (part of the motherboard) or the display circuitry (part of the display card). I'm not sure there is a good way to tell the difference. One thing you can try is to run an external monitor and see if the ever happens. If it does, that would point to the motherboard.
The photo makes me think it's a hardware problem, but that doesn't explain the noise. If you gently flex the bottom and top half of the case, can you make anything change? Gently push in several different ways. I don't speak French, but it appears you are running a diagnostic. Is this the Dell diagnostic or something else? Did you start it or did it start itself? Are you up to date on all the Windows 10 updates and have you applied any updates by going to the Dell support site? Does if usually take some time for the problem to occur (in other words, is the laptop warmed up)?

Reactions: Hamza ben ali
Apr 4, 2021
The photo makes me think it's a hardware problem, but that doesn't explain the noise. If you gently flex the bottom and top half of the case, can you make anything change? Gently push in several different ways. I don't speak French, but it appears you are running a diagnostic. Is this the Dell diagnostic or something else? Did you start it or did it start itself? Are you up to date on all the Windows 10 updates and have you applied any updates by going to the Dell support site? Does if usually take some time for the problem to occur (in other words, is the laptop warmed up)?
First of all thanks for replying , well what you see in the photo is windows diagnostic i just did it after having that screen freez while browsing the web unfortuanatally i get that screen freez while doing the diagnostic too btw this happens when the laptop warmed up and i'm doing windows 10 updates always , i'm doubting that this problem is caused by uefi that runs on my old 2015 laptop because i had change it from legacy to uefi i'm not sure but it can be a reason Video of the problem

If it only occurs when warmed up, that means it is more likely a hardware problem. If you are running the Dell diagnostic that is starting only after a reboot (not starting up as a Windows program) then you are running software that is totally distinct from the Windows install which would indicate that Windows software is not the issue. If it is a hardware problem, it could be the graphics chip (part of the motherboard) or the display circuitry (part of the display card). I'm not sure there is a good way to tell the difference. One thing you can try is to run an external monitor and see if the ever happens. If it does, that would point to the motherboard.

Solution
Apr 4, 2021
I was running the system diagnostic (when i reboot) and while testing it shows me that the hard disk has an issue and while keep testing and checking , it shows that the screen is fine , graphic card is fine , and while testing the ram the screen become black and the fan keeps working with no signal so i rebooted from the power bottom so it seems that i have a hardware problem and the hard disk is giving me signals that its his last days , plus once when i pressed the power bottom and i couldn't boot and it was written on the screen that there is no system detected on the laptop so can you comfirm to me now that the hard disk is the problem and i need to change it (or ram can be a part of the problem too ) ?

Keep in mind I'm not there physically, so I can only advise and not give your definite answers. I doubt that you would have three problems (hard drive, RAM and video) all at the same time. However, it is possible. I suspect you need a new motherboard There could be hardware errors from the MB that make the HDD and RAM appear to be defective.. Your laptop is rather old, so it might be time for a new one if you can afford it. You can start replacing parts on the old machine but might end up spending more than a new machine will cost. Sorry. One last thing you try is letting the laptop cool at room temp for a few hours then put it in the refrigerator for 20 minutes. Try the diagnostic right away while it is still cold and see if anything is different.

If you know of a repair shop you trust, getting an opinion from them would be a good thing to do.

Apr 4, 2021
i understand you , i think i will go to a repair shop , they are capable to determine the issue , they have the appropriate materials to do that . anyway thank you again for your help and for interacting i really appreciate that ^^